Reminder Secure

advise, and all opinions welcome.

Stacey is off-line
23 January 2013 06:23
StaceyGouch1992
Model

Nottinghamshire

Cut a long story short.. When i was 15 a lot of money got paid for me to have a portfolio done in London, However since then iv got older, wider and totally changed all features. I stopped modelling for no reason whats so ever, Daily job taking over i suppose .. If i was to start modelling again what would your advise be? Thanks..

Paul Hodson is off-line
23 January 2013 12:14
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Put up a casting for a TF shoot - try and get some up to date images and see what happens. But it is only ever likely to be a hobby.

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

alexkidd is off-line
23 January 2013 12:21
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
East Yorkshire
Hull

agreed with mph, do it for fun
www.as-images.com or co.uk ~ i lack interweb social skills and may come across a bit james blunt

Tony Stephenson is off-line
23 January 2013 12:43
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Hi Stacey and welcome.
Take the advice from MPH about putting up a casting call, I'm sure you'll get replies. Also make sure to get some full length shots to actually show off your figure.
www.le-femme.co.uk

23 January 2013 12:44
mgphotomedia
Photographer

Quote from mph
Put up a casting for a TF shoot - try and get some up to date images and see what happens. But it is only ever likely to be a hobby.

+1

At the moment I can't even tell what colour your hair is...

Get a few shoots organised and start building your worked-with list so that photographers can see you have commitment and that you're reliable.

Re-write your profile notes - at the moment they're focussing on what might be perceived as negatives and might suggest that you have a negative outlook in life too (the model's perceived personality is important to prospective photographers):

"I'm not a proffesional model"
"I might have a few curvs"
"Wanted to do this as a full time thing, But my career ending up being else where"
"I am limited to time"

Just turn it all around so your profile exudes positivity. Correct your spelling too - get someone to check it for you if it's not your strong point.

Makeup - if you do your own and this is the result:

...then get some help/advice on how to do it better. Maybe an experienced MUA to help on shoots.

Good luck

Missie is off-line
23 January 2013 12:49
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

Are the photos on your portfolio the ones you paid for?
"[Toni] has a short fuse when it comes to stupidity"

Stacey is off-line
23 January 2013 13:24
StaceyGouch1992
Model

Nottinghamshire

Quote from Missie0290
Are the photos on your portfolio the ones you paid for?

Thanks to everyone for the advise so far, and no they are not my paid for ones.
Due to them being from when In my early teens. x

Missie is off-line
23 January 2013 13:59
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

Ohhh ok.

I second the make up thing. Have a look at some online tutorials for foundation particularly, and get a decent set of brushes - They really are worth it (If you dont have them) and they do make such a difference when you get the hang of doing it right I couldn't go back to doing it without a brush now
"[Toni] has a short fuse when it comes to stupidity"

KHV is online
24 January 2013 10:20
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

Do it just for fun, and dont expect to earn any money, that's the best advice I can offer.

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
caz0054 hayleyrooney pinklilly REDXXX Tashaholz
bazza53 cwphotos dorrian George99 jayfish Jobbo51 keltica Ladiesman Matt1988 mauricesimagery mikeA mlp MrDL nik300 ownimage panda49 RealityImaging Spiritofwales steveh32 tms Vinceb Willy_O