The most pretentious thing you've evr heard/said

Missie is off-line
20 January 2013 12:55
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

Ok, i'm ripping off another thread slightly.

I think the most pretentious thing i've ever said myself was the day i complained that the buses here do not have leather seats or air conditioning like the one where i used to live.

My mates laughed for about a week.

Most pretentious thing i've heard - Probably my other half complaining that our son will forever be 'branded' a scouser because i inconsiderately gave birth in Liverpool and registered him there and i have ruined his life.

(His first choice would have been Derby so i'm not sure i see his point)
"[Toni] has a short fuse when it comes to stupidity"

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
20 January 2013 13:16
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Probably my boss a couple of years ago when it snowed badly....

I live ~35 miles from work, a good deal of it is on winding/smallish and not especially busy A-roads that are in either exposed or hilly areas, and I also drive a coupe with low-profile tyres all of which can make travelling during snow somewhat 'adventurous', so much so that a 3+ hour journey home has happened on occasion (normally takes an hour) especially when people get stuck on hills.

After taking a day off work my boss told me the following day that he didn't have any problems so why should I?

This is all well and good to state this until you know the facts....

He drives a 4x4 (not a sports coupe like me)
He lives in the next village to where we work (less than 2 miles away and not 35 like me)
He can leave the house a lot later than me (which would allow for the temperatures to rise)
He has no hills to drive on
The roads he drives on are priority roads for gritters
The roads he drives on are VERY busy

To this day I honestly couldn't believe he said that to me - idiot.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
20 January 2013 13:26
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Pretentious, moi?
It was broken when I got here

Frank Sinnott is off-line
20 January 2013 13:26
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

I will not comment on this thread as I feel it is beneath Moi

Matt Harper is off-line
20 January 2013 13:37
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

I think that the most pretentious thing I have said was when under oath, I was asked by a barrister if I was stubborn.
I replied "no, more tenacious than stubborn", knowing what I meant. A wry smile crossed the faces of a few solicitors and my barrister.

During the break for lunch, my barrister came in to see me smiling and said she had just been talking the the opposition's barrister and he had taken the time to look up tenacious in the dictionary and found it means stubborn However, the difference in the tone of the words went in my favour.

Now then, the most pretentious thing I have heard?
Truthfully, as I honestly can't remember anything more pretentious, was being told in August, in a public forum on here that I shouldn't be shooting the stuff I shoot on TF, I should be paying the models and furthermore, I was pretty much abusing them by doing so. Then this person went on to insult the models who had shot with me, belittling them, saying they aren't proper models, or words to that effect, that I was plying models with drink, inferring that I had a motive for doing so. I was told that the banter on my soots is illegal and to keep it short, slagged me off in every way he could think of. All this from a guy who was proclaiming to be professional and was shooting models as it was his business, which turned out not to be the case, he was compiling content, (adult content that was/is) for a business idea and claimed that what he did was fully justifiable whereas what I did was completely wrong.

That is not to take this off topic, it is genuine response.
Therefore, I don't expect a reply if said person sees this on here as there can't be one that addresses the OP's question

Paul Hodson is off-line
20 January 2013 13:38
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

I am not even on this site as it is below me!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Frank Sinnott is off-line
20 January 2013 14:02
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

Quote from mph
I am not even on this site as it is below me!

Is that post ironism 

Paul Hodson is off-line
20 January 2013 14:18
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from frankpht
Is that post ironism 

More like an ironic post

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Missie is off-line
20 January 2013 14:24
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

RC - That reminds me of the nobhead parents who have the following conversation with me;

*Previous chatter leading to...*
Me; Oh, He was 4lb9
Them; That's small!
Me; Yes he was premature
Them; Oh my little one was a preemie too, but he was 8lb...
Me; Wow that's amazing! How early was he?
Them; Oh i know, He was a week early, But he's such a little fighter he did SO well, But i know how you feel it's so stressful
Me; *Biting tongue* How long was he in neonatal for
Them; Oh he wasn't he came straight home.

I could punch those Missie0290 is a naughty person ers!
"[Toni] has a short fuse when it comes to stupidity"

Laura McIntyre (née Ford) is off-line
20 January 2013 16:08
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
Lothian
West Lothian and Edinburgh

"You're not a real photographer if you shorten the term to 'tog'."
A dry sponge is a happy sponge.

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Czechbeauty fionafelony Michelledefeo1
2webmedia andrewf ansonphotography BobWright brendan BryanR digitizer doughnut eosfan ewanmenzies gperl GSC4X Ian123 Ladiesman MIB panda49 pixelking poah Rscott360 stevegosh Steveh32 TinDolls