Reminder Secure

Best form of contact?

22 January 2013 08:15
johnlp
Photographer

Quote from mph
I don't think free members can search.

You can in a way.  If you click on "From" you can sort your messages in alphabetical order.  The system isn't idiot proof (as I found out) in that they are not necessarily in date order for that particular person, so you have to look at the dates on the right hand side to get the most recent version of the message. 

I think it's a great system.

22 January 2013 08:43
Socialdisaster
Photographer

How can the message system confuse you? You get a mail from someone, it has their name on it. Just like every other email client in the world. I dont see how face book can help you, when with FB you get a message from someone, it has their name on it... just like here...
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Angel3 is off-lineSilver Member
22 January 2013 11:02
angelique110
Model
angelique110
West Sussex
worthing

I think grouping mails into conversations similarly to phone text apps or instant MSG might be easier, other than that I think the mailing system is fine. =)

Apex_Photo is off-line
22 January 2013 12:38
Apex_Photo
Photographer
Apex_Photo
Hampshire

Quote from Mansell

I can't be the only photographer who doesn't do Facebook.

Absolutely right.
I know loads of photographers who are not on FB so you would be cutting down your market.
Not a good thing to do even at the best of times!

Purestorm is off-line
22 January 2013 13:25
Purestorm
Photographer

East Sussex

As has been mentioned members can create Mailbox Folders to sort incoming messages
 Just go to
  Manage Folders  in the Inbox drop-down menu.

Even Free Account members have this capability.

diipii is off-line
24 January 2013 09:55
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

Always keep communications on Purestorm. That way an independent body has a record of all correspondence.
It only happens all the time.

09 February 2013 16:15
CarolineAlexander
Model

I Understand where you're coming from, I'm not a fan of email tennis, so after a shoot has been confirmed I pass on my email address and phone number and ask to be contacted via one of those. It's more practical aswell as it means I can reply when I'm away from the computer, and it helps to build up trust between me and the photographer/MUA/whoever too

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
09 February 2013 16:32
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Alien?

Email in here. 

I find this reliable and easy.  You also know whether the other person has opened the mail. 

Try to avoid other sites unless I need to send a brief as I do not know if there is a way to send attachments on here.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Gerry is off-line
09 February 2013 16:37
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Quote from CarolineAlexander
I Understand where you're coming from, I'm not a fan of email tennis, so after a shoot has been confirmed I pass on my email address and phone number and ask to be contacted via one of those. It's more practical aswell as it means I can reply when I'm away from the computer, and it helps to build up trust between me and the photographer/MUA/whoever too

Thats fine until something goes wrong and the site is unable to do anything about it as emails off-site are un-verifiable.

I assume this difficulty people are having is because they are running their lives from smart phones. Using portfolio sites from a normal computer cannot be easier.
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Chrissie Red is off-line
09 February 2013 19:10
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I use a smart phone away from home and I have no issues in reading messages, if however my response needs to contain more than a few sentences I generally just reply to the message saying "thanks for the message, I'm away from home at the moment so will get back to you with a more detailed message on Tuesday/This evening/Tomorrow".

I don't generally get hundreds of messages a day though, although I have heard of others claiming to receive such high amounts in a short period of time so people who are that popular probably would struggle to remember or be bothered replying to everybody if their initial check was proving problematic.

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
QueenDeeVa01 Shanti
ad360photo ElegantCaptures nemesis Stevedphoto Terry20