Reminder Secure

Best form of contact?

20 January 2013 09:59
alshepherd
Model

Not going to lie, technology as a whole confuses me. The message system on here isn't that great, so I get confused whos contacted me, etc. I seem to be going round in circles. Can anyone suggest a better way of doing things? I was thinking of setting up a facebook account just to keep in touch with photographers I want to work with, as I can search the history etc, but I don't know would be advisable? I'm useless with my phone and have an awful memory. I know someone will say don't bother if you are that unorganized (I'm not once I've booked a date), but I love modeling. So ideas please?
See my full portfolio at http://anniesnow.wix.com/official

Paul Hodson is off-line
20 January 2013 10:02
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Don't know why you have a problem with the message system! Best to keep communications on site anyway.

You can create folders to put your mail in here so you can organise it. Go to Inbox and Select "Manage Folders"
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Chrissie Red is off-line
20 January 2013 10:03
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

If you go onto a portfolio and wonder if they have contacted you or vice versa just go into your inbox and search through messages using their username and all messages should come up unless you deleted them.

Another method is adding them to a favourites category - Like you could have one "people who have contacted for a shoot but outwith my area" so you can look to that list if you are planning a trip away from home and contact the right people.

I actually like the message system on here, I can see who I have read/replied to and I can see if people have read my messages.

20 January 2013 10:09
JennyWren
Model
This member has been reset to pending

You should keep messages on site in case of a dispute, the mods won't accept off site messages as proof as they could be faked.
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

Gerry is off-line
20 January 2013 10:19
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Just add photographers you want to work with as favorites. Your phone is not the right tool to run your modelling career,fine for checking the odd message but if you are busy, you will save an awful lot of time and confusion by using a laptop.
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Purestorm is off-line
20 January 2013 10:39
Purestorm
Photographer

East Sussex

Our advice is to keep all communications onsite and use a diary backup for notes and numbers.

Paul Hodson is off-line
20 January 2013 10:43
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Chrissie_Red
If you go onto a portfolio and wonder if they have contacted you or vice versa just go into your inbox and search through messages using their username and all messages should come up unless you deleted them.

I don't think free members can search.

Quote from Chrissie_Red
Another method is adding them to a favourites category - Like you could have one "people who have contacted for a shoot but outwith my area" so you can look to that list if you are planning a trip away from home and contact the right people.

+1

Quote from Chrissie_Red
I actually like the message system on here, I can see who I have read/replied to and I can see if people have read my messages.

+1

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Mansell is off-line
20 January 2013 10:47
Mansell
Photographer
Mansell
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Best to keep your messaging on here as others have said.

Plus I can't be the only photographer who doesn't do Facebook.
The digital camera is a great invention because it allows us to reminisce. Instantly.

Darren Brade is off-line
20 January 2013 11:49
darrenbrade
Photographer
darrenbrade
London
London

I'm curious to know if there is a mobile app for PS and on which platforms? If not is there one in the pipeline?
www.darrenbrade.com

WebModerator is a moderator
20 January 2013 11:57
WebModerator
West Sussex
Brighton

Quote from darrenbrade
I'm curious to know if there is a mobile app for PS and on which platforms?

There is not currently an App for Purestorm but Purestorm Mobile has been around for some time.
Apple will not Approve an App as Purestorm allows nude (and that includes, in their view, Topless) images.
Developing an application to suit other platforms would involve considerable expense.

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa ElleLaura Gothic_Kitty kategrimsby nicola25 Olivia75 RoxyMendez
Andy_B bbphotos Cheshunt83 couchestudio david1500 Jb3329 JohnDentonPhoto Kjoservices lenscape lify midnite nemesis orca_photography Paul_Jones RichardJohnPhotograp shinywear sniffer thelook
grailmodels