Paul Hodson is off-line
20 January 2013 12:08
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from tonycsm
I can see them closing unprofitable stores and contracting somewhat but now that Currys and PC World don't have as much competition since the demise of Comet, they should survive and they have a good internet presence too.
There will always be a need for hands-on viewing before purchasing of large white goods so there will always be room for competitive stores like Currys. PcWorld caters for those who aren't very computer literate and offer plenty of in-store choice and advice so they should be ok too.

+1

Their stores look a lot better than those of Comet did if the local situation is anything to go by too!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Tony Stephenson is off-line
20 January 2013 14:36
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from mph
+1

Their stores look a lot better than those of Comet did if the local situation is anything to go by too!

I've only been in one Comet store in recent years and it was a huge place and very comparable to Currys - their prices were similar too so I think it was just a case of there being too many stores chasing too few customers and Comet lost out!

www.le-femme.co.uk

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
20 January 2013 18:45
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

PC World and Currys are going to consolidate into 2-in-1 stores so unfortunately that will lead to job losses. They are also venturing into kiosk type selling i.e the Argos model.
It was broken when I got here

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
jessicaliu1993 Kerryskelding3
danwar jonnywoo