17 January 2013 16:05
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from mph
Bear in mind ladies, the age of Gerry's cars - not to say Gerry himself! blush

I'm actually younger than my good car, although surprisingly it's body is in better condition than mine. 

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Paul Hodson is off-line
17 January 2013 16:31
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from gerryquiff
I'm actually younger than my good car, although surprisingly it's body is in better condition than mine

I'm not surprised!  smiley  (anyway - was it the good one you meant - or does that depend on the lady?)
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
17 January 2013 16:43
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from mph
I'm not surprised!  smiley  (anyway - was it the good one you meant - or does that depend on the lady?)

With the ladies I attract, it will be a good one cheeky
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

nikonuser is off-lineSilver Member
17 January 2013 17:26
nikonuser
Photographer
nikonuser
Warwickshire
Rugby & Middlesbrough...I Commute!

Well i have 3 cars ~ 1 on permanent loan to my wife ( its hers, i just get the bills for it ) 1 i use for most of my running about because its the most economical and 1 for towing the caravan and for other jobs as its a gas guzzler & a big beastie.

At 54 the insurance is reasonable costing about £800 a year, tax £780 a year, maintenance £1k per yr Fuel ~ dont ask!

guess i am one of the lucky ones.
I do this for a hobby ~ i shoot for fun ~ i just enjoy photography! Happy to work with begginers & newbies, lets have a laugh and see what we can create.

Pete Whelan is off-line
18 January 2013 08:32
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

seriously consider leasing rather than buying, some excellent deals about over 2/3/4 years, road tax is included, give it back and get a new one

do a side by side comparison on what you pay for a loan to buy compared to the figures for leasing taking into account depreciation etc
www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

diipii is off-line
18 January 2013 09:54
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

Congratulations on your "the world doesn't owe me" attitude.
Avoid owning a car as long as you can and the disproportionate amount of taxation that goes with it.
It only happens all the time.

nikonuser is off-lineSilver Member
18 January 2013 18:47
nikonuser
Photographer
nikonuser
Warwickshire
Rugby & Middlesbrough...I Commute!

Quote from diipii
Congratulations on your "the world doesn't owe me" attitude.
Avoid owning a car as long as you can and the disproportionate amount of taxation that goes with it.

For your information I work an 80 + hr week most weeks, running my own business, everything I have I worked my ass off for over the last 54yrs, no one gave me handouts either, so I have spent a long time pushing the rock up the hill, and yes I am going to enjoy it when I can.
I do this for a hobby ~ i shoot for fun ~ i just enjoy photography! Happy to work with begginers & newbies, lets have a laugh and see what we can create.

HowardJ is off-line
18 January 2013 19:07
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from tomwhipp
ps: wind swept can work

Especially in the current cold snowy and rainy weather.

18 January 2013 22:20
PaulManuell
Photographer

I'd happily be without a car but still in my twenties, given the choice between that and my current situation - with a car but 50

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment Pinklilly
antoinewynn Daddylonglense Don_Dark Images1854 ImageStyle Kjoservices Ladiesman marchondowntheline metro MIB michael_cameraman mlp Rare1953 Rhadamanthus Richo2929 rod_m99 rscott360 skinz Steveharratt Wtphotos Zuiko
grailmodels