This thread is being watched by 3 people
Jenelle_James is off-line
16 January 2013 14:50
Jenelle_James
Model
Jenelle_James
Lancashire
BURNLEY

well my most recent casting is for a hotel shoot, initially it was intended just for an overnight stay so i can shoot on the day of check in and then continue the following day before checking out. However a couple of years ago i rang a hotel in cumbria to double check on prices etc and i mentioned to them i wanted the room to use for doing shoots in, i was then informed they dont allow anything like that and since then i have heard some hotels also dont allow this, so how do models or photographers get around this situation when it comes to hotel shoots, im due to visit the hotel tomorrow that im due to shoot in, ive asked to view their rooms as their website is one big ball of confusion, but i havent said as of yet what the real purpose of my stay is for. Also for the shoot im bringing my own lights so even with photographers coming and going it shouldnt be very noticable if they are not carrying tons of equipment as i already will have it set up in the room.

also is it standard for check in times to be from 2pm and check out at 11am. this obviously doesnt do very well for having a second day shooting unless i book another night, this may seem a silly question but just thought id ask incase anyone knew of a way i can get the second day extended without having to pay for a second night, im new to the hotel shoot thing

Aegean is off-line
16 January 2013 15:05
AegeanSoft
Photographer
AegeanSoft
London

Lots of men visiting your room could infer to the hotel management the mistaken impression that you were running a profession of 'another' kind

I would be interested in knowing how photographers get to use hotel rooms without problems.

www.aegeansoft.com Adult and fetish web site designers photographers and video producers

16 January 2013 15:12
laylarc
Model

As a veteran of doing things I'm not supposed to be doing, in places I'm not supposed to be doing them, I find that forgiveness is usually easier to obtain than permission. I wouldn't tell them & if they do notice, just show them the set up & tell them you are students.

16 January 2013 15:18
Jenelle_James
Model
Jenelle_James
Lancashire
BURNLEY

good idea, thats one thing i could say if i get caughtcheeky

Quote from laylarc
As a veteran of doing things I'm not supposed to be doing, in places I'm not supposed to be doing them, I find that forgiveness is usually easier to obtain than permission. I wouldn't tell them & if they do notice, just show them the set up & tell them you are students.

Dave Beasley is off-line
16 January 2013 15:54
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

I've used hotels a few times and on the one occasion I was asked about all the gear I was carrying in, told them I was doing a shoot the next day and was not going to leave all my expensive equipment in the car overnight.

You can sometimes get an extended checkout, maybe free, maybe a small extra charge - just ask them.

Dave

Nigel Griffiths is off-line
16 January 2013 16:12
Nobee63
Photographer

Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

Turn up wearing a suit. Tell them you are using the room to conduct interviews. Simples

16 January 2013 16:17
Jenelle_James
Model
Jenelle_James
Lancashire
BURNLEY

oh im going all suited and booted when i visit tomorrow anyway lol

Quote from Nobee63
Turn up wearing a suit. Tell them you are using the room to conduct interviews. Simples

Tony Nutley is off-lineGold Member
16 January 2013 17:55
TonyNutley
Photographer
TonyNutley
Hampshire
Southampton/Littlehampton

Just tell them what you're using it for I've never had a problem. Usually they're very helpful I've often been moved to a different room as the light is wrong or that room isn't suitable.

I just ask for a day rate say six hours or so.

si-mo is off-lineSilver Member
16 January 2013 18:02
si_mo
Photographer
si_mo
Switzerland

I do hotel shoots. I don't mention it. Its not illegal, it won't damage the hotel property, what's to discuss?
Ask for a late check out, sometimes they will give it free sometimes a small charge, sometimes not at all. Likewise early checkins.

EdT is off-line
17 January 2013 03:48
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

How do things stand insurance-wise?

If one of your lights were to set something on fire I would imagine that the hotel's insurance company would probably have some reservations about paying out.

Not saying they would ... just asking a question.

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Ebbrell1991 indiaxxx kacie Winterlilly
bbphotos cliffc dazglam ellessephotography Jyp Kjoservices Ladiesman nickdandalos p4pFetography parafotos Thunder_Photos Willjamieson