Java Exploit

CSD Images is off-line
12 January 2013 06:21
CSD_Images
Photographer
CSD_Images
Grampian
Aberdeen

For ALL computer users Linux, Windows or Apple. Disable Java immediately.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-government-tells-computer-users-010200788.html

http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/01/critical-java-zero-day-bug-is-being-massively-exploited-in-the-wild/

There is a massive security threat affecting numerous websites wordwide and the only way to be safe is to disable Java or remove Java from your system. Apple has blacklisted Java in more recent versions of the OS.

The Ars Technica site has links on how to disable or remove Java.
www.flickr.com/photos/csd_images | www.celticshadows.co.uk

Paul Hodson is off-line
12 January 2013 07:10
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

I think Firefox has already done this? It is already disabled on my system - I think!

Java Plugin 7 update 10 and lower (click-to-play), Windows has been blocked for your protection.

Why was it blocked?
The Java plugin is causing significant security problems. All users are strongly recommended to keep the plugin disabled unless necessary.
Who is affected?
All users who have these versions of the plugin installed in Firefox 17 and above.
What does this mean?

The problematic add-on or plugin will be automatically disabled and no longer usable.
When Mozilla becomes aware of add-ons, plugins, or other third-party software that seriously compromises Firefox security, stability, or performance and meets certain criteria, the software may be blocked from general use. For more information, please read this support article.

Blocked on October 30, 2012. View block request.

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Pete Whelan is off-line
12 January 2013 11:33
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

how do you disable java?
www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

ForumModerator is a moderatorPlatinum Member
12 January 2013 11:46
ForumModerator

West Sussex

Quote from vipimages
how do you disable java?

Read the last line of the second web link in the original post for a safe link.
~~~~~~~~

Pete Whelan is off-line
12 January 2013 11:58
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

w4pictures is off-line
12 January 2013 16:54
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Now that I've disabled it, various elements of Purestorm, eBay etc. don't seem to work.

Hey Ho.

Moderator Input
Purestorm does not require Java - try clearing your Error Cache and Restarting your browser.

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
roxsanniebel ryansd
Daddylonglense davidn dorrian imageatthemill Images1854 jccj1 kai_kul lify Mwphotos plymjack powerbook92 Reynard scott24 stevegosh Steveh32 Steveharratt talldave68 wayne