Reminder Secure

wanted : split screen focus screen for Canon 5d (mark one)

10 January 2013 15:55
snapychapy
Photographer

Canon don't make one; anyone have a third party make for sale?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
10 January 2013 15:59
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

You aught to know the reason they don't make one is that you cannot spot-meter with split prism screens.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

10 January 2013 17:10
snapychapy
Photographer

Why is this site full of smart arses? I wasn't asking why they don't make them; I was asking if any one had an alternative! Why assume I use the cameras metering system anyway? Have you heard of a light meter? ( I am well aware it affects metering thank you)

Chris Corbin is off-line
11 January 2013 03:14
corbystock
Photographer
corbystock
Hampshire
New Milton

Someone needs a hug.
There is a chance that everything I just said is complete bollocks

Paul Venn is off-lineSilver Member
11 January 2013 03:23
jpv
Photographer
jpv
Norfolk
Norwich

I have seen somewhere a company in the states that makes (made?) them for both Canon and Nikon cameras. You should do some "google" searches. I use a split screen on my 1ds III about 90% of the time and have got used to not having spot metering available. The feature I miss most from film days is not being able to select and fit the screen type most suitable for the chosen subject matter. It took 20 seconds on my Topcons to remove the pentaprism, change screens and refit, fondly missed (but I wouldn't go back).

look at focusing screen.com

Profile Pictures is off-line
11 January 2013 05:12
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Quote from snapychapy
Why is this site full of smart arses? I wasn't asking why they don't make them; I was asking if any one had an alternative! Why assume I use the cameras metering system anyway? Have you heard of a light meter? ( I am well aware it affects metering thank you)

That was pretty snotty, certainly I'd thought that useful information and wasn't aware of it. Then, I don't own a light meter so perhaps I'm not qualified to have an opinion either.

Paul Hodson is off-line
11 January 2013 05:36
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from snapychapy
Why is this site full of smart arses?

I can see where the snap(p)y in your name comes from!

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Marcel Christian is off-lineSilver Member
11 January 2013 19:01
nessie
Photographer
nessie
East Sussex

Quote from snapychapy
Canon don't make one; anyone have a third party make for sale?

I'm sure I've got one somewhere. Tried it once and not the best v/f image.

Free if you'd like it. PM your address and I'll post it to you.

Marcel

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Ashleighmckenzie Carliegomez24 kacie REDXXX RoxyMendez toxicinnocence
antoinewynn brunswickci davewilliams david1500 Dolayley flawless_photo gshocker30 gunnergraham gwentman humphries hylander iestyn jackw jonnywoo Jph1954 mike0048 nickdandalos orca_photography Pendragon140994 rscott360 Spiritofwales stevegosh Studio1 tonycsm