Reminder Secure

Thoughts on Hiring models from the states.

Antonio E Lewis is off-line
07 January 2013 13:43
ATLewis
Model
ATLewis
California
Los Angeles

I'm curious as all. What would one need to be hired to work in the UK as a model? I'm possitive that there are a lot of freelance and up and comming photographers out there. Just out of curiousity, are there any ginuine thoughts on my small portfolio and information provided?
I don't think that I'm anyones first pic, however I do have a small number of friends there and I'm just giving my curiosity some intertainment and insight to better my chances of improving my port.

Razoir is off-line
07 January 2013 14:29
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

You will need a work permit. Just like models and photographers going to the USA.
Why can't you get enough work at home?
What makes you think that you will get work here over our home-bred models?
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
07 January 2013 14:31
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

You'll need a work visa but I'm not sure I see any advantages to you coming here over somewhere else in America. When I'm browsing MM I always think "Dang I need to get to that country, loads of good photographers there" but apart from different scenery to shoot on location, it's a case of the grass is greener.

Also models are paid a lot less in Britain than in America.

07 January 2013 14:38
ATLewis
Model
ATLewis
California
Los Angeles

It's not that I don't get plenty here and I really don't plan on moving or visiting the UK anytime soon. I have way to much going on and as much as I want to travel, I have a lot to things to get done here first.
As a male model, I know that I have a working look. I'm not putting myself before or behind anyone. I'm doing my best I can in everything I put my mind to. This post was to aquire some opinions and interesting question, thanks!

07 January 2013 14:40
ATLewis
Model
ATLewis
California
Los Angeles

Quote from JenSomerfield
You'll need a work visa but I'm not sure I see any advantages to you coming here over somewhere else in America. When I'm browsing MM I always think "Dang I need to get to that country, loads of good photographers there" but apart from different scenery to shoot on location, it's a case of the grass is greener.

Also models are paid a lot less in Britain than in America.

Thanks. I do need a visa!!

I really wan't to work with a UK photographer lol!
I'm just ranting.

Jenelle_James is off-line
07 January 2013 15:09
Jenelle_James
Model
Jenelle_James
Lancashire
BURNLEY

plenty of UK photographers fly out to the US, i guess keep an eye out or search on here for UK based photographers who does work over there too, ive worked with a great US photographer a few years ago and he came to the UK to update portfolios for models with an agency in London, it can happen the other way round too

07 January 2013 15:19
ATLewis
Model
ATLewis
California
Los Angeles

Thanks! I'm getting the hang of the sight finally, and I'm starting to plug in with photographers that have plans of heading this way. Definitely feels good to get ginuine feed back!

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
07 January 2013 15:32
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Certainly you are very photogenic and good looking (I am not jealous, honest)
I also think that you will get far more work in the United States than in the UK.
If you come over and get a work visa for other work then try modelling as well. I would not try to use it for a living if you come here. I would say that it would not be commercially viable for you.

You look great though.

David
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
07 January 2013 15:38
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Uop looking again at your port I would say lose the Caps on a couple of sentances.
I think that it gives all of the needed information.
If you were in the UK and I had a shoot that needed a man then I would certainly consider you.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

07 January 2013 15:42
ATLewis
Model
ATLewis
California
Los Angeles

Getting really good feedback!! Thanks for the info, pinkbuildingphotography!
If you ever find yourself in Cali, I have a studio with extra lights and backdrops that can always be used!!
I'm still building a good portfolio and I always charge the photograhers something. I've never worked with a photographer from out of country, so I wouldn't charge for that experience!!

37 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexa_Fierce92 chosin DareMeDD ElleLaura
ad360photo bbphotos Brian2008 carshaltonkev Chris_Mansfield ChrisD Development digitalmood dirkus donaldmac Essexjohn hylander iDubai2018 Kimily Kjoservices Look_Sharp maozhu Mike103 mlp modelimaging monochromeset nigel peteb poah Rhadamanthus rod_m99 Shootonlocation siclews stephenmuddell stevegosh steveh32 thelook zzdigital