Nikki is off-line
07 January 2013 11:58
niknak48
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending

Surrey
Walton-On-Thames

Ive been asked to do some acadamy shoots.. for afew acadamies but its 50pound which will then be refunded when you turn up... free shoot, advice, hair, makeup stylist etc and then if you pass they give you model advice and put you in contact with agencies but if you want to buy any of your images for portfolio theyre 50pound eacch...

do you think these kinds of things are worth it? I'm new to this and any advice would be good as for now im thinking its not really worth it as can get shoots for TFP anyway i dont want to be spending 50pound but on the otherhand it is with guarenteed professionals and seems like a good opportunity ?!

anyone any exp or advice about this??

x

Ratana Rose is off-line
07 January 2013 12:21
RattusRock
Model
RattusRock
County Durham
durham

sounds like a RattusRock is a naughty person to me

is _ s c a m _ a swear word now

Paul Hodson is off-line
07 January 2013 12:40
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

You look pretty enough to get some decent TF shoots. Try that first.

In any case you could probably pay someone talented here for less than a few shots from them will cost.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

KHV is off-line
07 January 2013 14:20
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

I offered you TFCD but you never got back to me?

Razoir is off-line
07 January 2013 14:25
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

This is just a variation of the oldest JeromeRazoir is a naughty person in the business. You would do better paying a good local photographer £100 fro a number of prints or trying TF/P. There are dozens of very good photographers in London.
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

Nikki is off-line
07 January 2013 14:33
niknak48
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending

Surrey
Walton-On-Thames

Thanks! I've got uni exams at the moment and not focusing on shoots till after the 18th when they finish can get back to you then i am deff going to do some TFP etc kind of shoot.. just exploring options at the moment thanks for advice everyone xx

Suzy Monty is off-line
07 January 2013 14:44
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Quote from RattusRock
sounds like a SuzyMonty is a naughty person to me is _ s c a m _ a swear word now

Plus 1,000!!! Agree, agree, agree...

DO NOT waste your money...PLEASE try TFP first...

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
07 January 2013 15:34
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

You would be better hiring a decent photographer and getting some experiance. This will lose you £50
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Missie is off-line
07 January 2013 15:57
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

Quote from pinkbuildingphotography
You would be better hiring a decent photographer and getting some experiance. This will lose you £50

^^ What he said.
"[Toni] has a short fuse when it comes to stupidity"

CGW is off-line
07 January 2013 16:10
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

You'll get all sorts of opinions about whether you should pay a good photographer or do TF.

One thing is for sure, you will get a lot of TF offers, just be very selective about who you choose to work with if you do go down that route.

Meanwhile, best get on with that exam revision

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Bluelah DanielleWx Kacie RoxyMendez Zadi
63jian AndiCallen dave@studio99 david1500 djb1 hylander jefflynne JohnDentonPhoto johnnytog Keithhendy Ladiesman LGI nickdandalos peteb photosareu redbaron Rhadamanthus Rupert Spiritofwales Stoker thelook zprangz