Reminder Secure

deciding if to shoot nude/glam/art nude.

Sarah  is off-line
02 January 2013 15:33
sarah5182
Model
sarah5182
Merseyside
Liverpool

how can i decide whats the things to take into considration,
im not bothered about people seeing my naked body call me big headed but i know its gonna look good so why not.
would me shooting nude affect modelling agencies for fashion etc.
its just i cant see the market for a girl like me.
I love shooting fashion and lingerie, but it seems nude/art/glamour is mostly jobs offered on here, also where all the people are being published/paid.
Im keen to make modeling a serious career, but dont want to rush into anything being impatient.

Ian Coyle is off-lineGold Member
02 January 2013 15:40
Mark_Time
Photographer
Mark_Time
Lothian
Livingston

I'm no expert, But if you need to ask, your not ready. Do what your comfortable with and remember what you do today will still be here tomorrow.

Good luck with whatever you decide
Im not racist. I hate everyone!

Keith Monroe is off-lineSilver Member
02 January 2013 15:42
kflashm
Photographer
kflashm
Devon
Paignton

+ 100
TF MODELS ALWAYS SOUGHT AFTER, TRAVEL USUALLY HELPED WITH.

Angel3 is off-lineSilver Member
02 January 2013 15:42
angelique110
Model
angelique110
West Sussex
worthing

Quote from sarah5182
how can i decide whats the things to take into considration,
im not bothered about people seeing my naked body call me big headed but i know its gonna look good so why not.
would me shooting nude affect modelling agencies for fashion etc.
its just i cant see the market for a girl like me.
I love shooting fashion and lingerie, but it seems nude/art/glamour is mostly jobs offered on here, also where all the people are being published/paid.
Im keen to make modeling a serious career, but dont want to rush into anything being impatient.

It took me a while to get into that sort of modelling.
Nude is something I don't shoot so I can't really tell you about it
I only do tasteful boudoir glamour- I'm very picky about photographers I do glamour with. I think that sort of glamour can look very classy if done right
As for art nude, it opens your doors a lot. And remember art nude is nothing to do with something being sexy, it's about form and shape and lighting.

As for it decreasing your chance to get into higher fashion modelling, I doubt it.

Missie is off-line
02 January 2013 15:43
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

I don't know about agencies because TBH i don't think they're the be all and end all anyway. But it's quite simple - Pretend that you're going to take the images out of that building and show them to everybody you know. If you wouldn't want them to see it, Don't pose for it.
"[Toni] has a short fuse when it comes to stupidity"

Missie is off-line
02 January 2013 15:44
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

Most fashion models get naked anyway so i don't see how nude work could harm your chances. Adult maybe. But not just being naked.
"[Toni] has a short fuse when it comes to stupidity"

Nige Nw is off-lineSilver Member
02 January 2013 15:47
nige_nw
Photographer
nige_nw
Lancashire

Quote from Missie0290
I don't know about agencies because TBH i don't think they're the be all and end all anyway. But it's quite simple - Pretend that you're going to take the images out of that building and show them to everybody you know. If you wouldn't want them to see it, Don't pose for it.

Likewise I can't say on agencies etc but the last bit that Missie said just about sums up what I was thinking.

TarMoo is off-line
02 January 2013 15:49
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Take a look at Carla Monaco - another Liverpool based model, and Suzanne who both do fashion/art nude. Perhaps they may be some inspiration.

I think your figure is be better suited to fashion/art nude than glamour nude.

Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

Sarah  is off-line
02 January 2013 15:50
sarah5182
Model
sarah5182
Merseyside
Liverpool

yeah thats the thing ! Im not arsed if people see it thats why im shooting phtographs, it is more about will it effect me in the future.
If not nude whats my market i know what i enjoy but not what i am suiting x

Gerry is off-line
02 January 2013 15:51
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Apart from whether you are happy enough to do it or whether it will affect your chances - look at the ports of people who shoot nude and ask yourself if you would be happy being portrayed that way. If you can only be happy with a few photographers work, then you may not have the option of working with them and be dissapointed.

There are great nudes and rubbish nudes - far more of the latter I am afraid. But most models get the balance right - ie they care more about the cash or they will only shoot with people who can make them look good.
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

1 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
dave@studio99