This thread is being watched by 1 person
Angel3 is off-lineSilver Member
02 January 2013 14:11
angelique110
Model
angelique110
West Sussex
worthing

It's really rare that I see any male models on any of these sites, they're 98% female.
It's sad really because there are plenty of guys I know who would love to get into site modelling.
Why is the demand for male models much lower on these websites?

02 January 2013 14:17
barone
Photographer

Because they look crap nekked.
Next Model Day...23rd March 2014...http://purpleport.com/portfolio/angie...Interested?...Ask me for details.

Brian Selway is off-line
02 January 2013 14:21
BrianSelway
Photographer

Leicestershire
Leicester

Most of the male models I work with, I advise to make ports on 'that other site'..they get a lot more work from there, or from my contacts on fcebook than they ever do from here.

Chrissie Red is off-line
02 January 2013 14:23
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Men don't look that good in photographs - (I have to be honest).
I've only photographed a few blokes but even the better looking guys can look overly posed/unrelaxed and I struggle to get them to do anything which doesn't look gay .

There are a few goodies on here though who look awesome..

I think the average female can look great in the right picture but for men I don't think its quite so easy so most people just don't bother.

photo_phil is off-line
02 January 2013 14:25
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
Lincolnshire
Coningsby

I actively look for male models as much as female ones. Unfortunately there aren't too many to choose from that are close enough, toned or comfortable working nude.

02 January 2013 14:30
angelique110
Model
angelique110
West Sussex
worthing

Quote from barone
Because they look crap nekked.

And being naked is the only success to a good model...? o.o

02 January 2013 14:31
angelique110
Model
angelique110
West Sussex
worthing

Quote from Chrissie_Red
Men don't look that good in photographs - (I have to be honest).
I've only photographed a few blokes but even the better looking guys can look overly posed/unrelaxed and I struggle to get them to do anything which doesn't look gay .

There are a few goodies on here though who look awesome..

I think the average female can look great in the right picture but for men I don't think its quite so easy so most people just don't bother.

Yeah that's true. xD
Well I've never worked as a photographer so I wouldn't know.
I guess females are more versatile.

02 January 2013 14:33
angelique110
Model
angelique110
West Sussex
worthing

Quote from photo_phil
I actively look for male models as much as female ones. Unfortunately there aren't too many to choose from that are close enough, toned or comfortable working nude.

Ah right.
Yeah I would just like to see more male modelling just because I think it's interesting to see the different sorts of modelling males can produce.
The pictures I usually see of male models are always really good on average when they do actually get shot xD

Gerry is off-line
02 January 2013 14:34
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

If you deduct the photographers shooting only glamour because they want to, rather than are trying to sell it, virtually all are male photographers looking for female models. There will be a few looking for male models and even fewer looking for both.

That is probably half the reason. You are unlikely to persuade any of these people to change what they shoot.

The negative way to look at it is there is little opportunity here for male models. The positive way is that there is plenty of opportunity for females.

I have seen posts from people who shoot male models complaining of their reliability and seriousness. Joel Hicks is an example of someone who has got it right. Clearly there is a demand for someone like him.
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

02 January 2013 14:41
barone
Photographer

Quote from angelique110

And being naked is the only success to a good model...? o.o

"Why is the demand for male models much lower on these websites?"......yep
Next Model Day...23rd March 2014...http://purpleport.com/portfolio/angie...Interested?...Ask me for details.

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
caz0054 hayleyrooney pinklilly Tashaholz
bazza53 calandra_images dorrian jayfish jccj1 Jobbo51 keltica Ladiesman mauricesimagery mikeA mlp MrDL nik300 ownimage RealityImaging Spiritofwales steveh32 tms Vinceb Willy_O