Reminder Secure

Travelling around South East Asia ( Cambodia / Vietnam )

Tony Stephenson is off-line
31 December 2012 13:57
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Just wondering if anyone has travelled around the region ( not using the usual tourist packaged holidays). I'm looking to go somewhere completely different for a month or two with my partner in 2013 and Cambodia and/or Vietnam sounds very appealing so I would appreciate any comments/experiences from those who have been there.
Thanks in advance.  
www.le-femme.co.uk

Mike Nicoll is off-line
31 December 2012 14:02
Mike103
Photographer
Mike103
Berkshire

I travelled around Indonesia and Thailand ... and I swear by The Lonely Planet Guide. Enjoy.
www.mikenicoll.com

Craig Pusey is off-line
31 December 2012 14:32
QandD
Photographer
QandD
Surrey

indonesia, head towards the islands of Flores and Sumba........stunning

31 December 2012 14:41
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Thanks guys..sounds great..... what's it like finding hotels and travelling around using local transport? Costs etc would be helpful...sad
www.le-femme.co.uk

Craig Pusey is off-line
31 December 2012 15:01
QandD
Photographer
QandD
Surrey

local busses are dead cheap, try and do home stays........living with the locals in their villages.............cheap but can be interesting for the faint hearted!!!!

31 December 2012 15:13
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from QandD
local busses are dead cheap, try and do home stays........living with the locals in their villages.............cheap but can be interesting for the faint hearted!!!! ]

We don't mind a bit of that...wherever we go, we try to eat where locals eat etc.. as long as we don't get killed or poisoned, then I'm sure we can manage. smiley

www.le-femme.co.uk

Craig Pusey is off-line
31 December 2012 15:14
QandD
Photographer
QandD
Surrey

SE Asia is very friendly, never had any trouble there

Ella-mae is off-lineSilver Member
04 January 2013 11:08
Ellamae10
Model
Ellamae10
West Sussex
Worthing - But will travel WORLDWIDE!

I am off to Asia at the end of Jan for a few months, i have a few bookings out there and as my travel etc is paid i'm going to have an explore after too! I am visiting HK, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore... And HOPEFULLY Borneo! I can't recommend what to do or see (YET!), but i can recommend this webstie for ideas etc - 

http://www.travellerspoint.com/

The people in the forums are really helpful and there are plenty of ideas on there... Have a great time away whatever you choose to do! Oh, and here, here for the Lonely Planet guides!
A neat little space to write something profound and thought provoking...

Craig Pusey is off-line
04 January 2013 12:06
QandD
Photographer
QandD
Surrey

Lonely planet is a good starting point.....but not live by it, there are lots of places you can discover my talking to the locals!!
Good luck!!!!!!!!!

04 January 2013 18:03
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from Ellamae10
I am off to Asia at the end of Jan for a few months, i have a few bookings out there and as my travel etc is paid i'm going to have an explore after too! I am visiting HK, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore... And HOPEFULLY Borneo! I can't recommend what to do or see (YET!), but i can recommend this webstie for ideas etc - 

http://www.travellerspoint.com/

The people in the forums are really helpful and there are plenty of ideas on there... Have a great time away whatever you choose to do! Oh, and here, here for the Lonely Planet guides!

Thanks for the link Ella... I'll give it a try!

I think I'll confine my trip to Cambodia, Vietnam and maybe Thailand but I'm not that bothered if I don't get time to visit the latter.

www.le-femme.co.uk

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Antz mlknetwork phillken