I'm not done yet....

Jenelle_James is off-line
25 December 2012 18:59
Jenelle_James
Model
Jenelle_James
Lancashire
BURNLEY

How do everyone, first and foremost i hope ya'll have stuffed urselves rotten today and enjoyed every second of it...i sure did since im sitting down and the relief of christmas is pretty much done after weeks of worrying i hadn't got enough for my son, i thought id stick up a post as i have been away for about 3 months, some think ive fallen off the planet, i asure you im still here, ive just been hiding. No shoots since september/early october time as ive been mutilating myself on a voluntary basis.....well sort of. I haven't really told many people about whats been happening with me(i havent told many in the model/photography world) but thought i may aswell express the issue in case someone else is experiencing the same thing, its kind of an embarressing thing to talk about really but hey ho im over that part of it.

Through most of my modelling journey(nearly 7 years of it) ive been extremely uncomfortable with one lil thing, but still its a main thing in modelling......smiling. I dont smile as much as i should in pics and this is what im sorting out and its been noticable to photographers working with me, if im asked to do a huge smile i just cant do it, not cos i dont want to but because since i was 11 yrs old my teeth went downhill....moreso rapidly after i had my son which also happens to be the same time i started modelling. It didnt matter what toothpaste i used, what treatment i did or no matter how many dentist visits i had i just couldnt get my teeth to improve. years down the line i find out about the family failing of teeth, they just seem to break off, this has happeed to me. For years ive been in a certain ammount of pain due to broken teeth and infections and infalmmed gums, not to mention an absess or 2. Over the last 3 years it declined more, all my back teeth were totally broken either in half or to the gumline, and i was left with a hidious appearence on the front teeth. My diet had changed so much to the point i couldnt eat fruit anymore or salads, i have to have very soft bread, basically mushy food.

More recently or since earlier this year my back wisdom tooth had started givin me jip, nasty pain and then one day in early october after it kept me awake all night and painkillers stopped workin i decided to go find a new dentist(im petrified of them too mega dentist fear) i had got it in my head straight away i want them ripped out and replaced even if it meant using dentures until i could come up with a way of raising money for implants(for the mouth not the chest) i searched and searched and found a dentist in the next town who would be willing to carry out the work, i got me an emergency appointment to have that painful tooth out first and basically ive been going back every wednesday since then.

Ive been having 3 or 4 extractions at a time starting at the back, had 2 extractions in another appointment, i now have 3 more back teeth to be pulled and thats the back sorted, my front bottom teeth are in fine condition funnily enough and i have opted for my front top teeth to be pulled aswell, which will probably be done at the end of febuary. I have the first set of back dentures which i cant wear right now as im still a lil sore from the extractions last week. Although this has been a painful process and i spend half the week feelin like Jenelle_James is a naughty person e and bleeding its so worth it, the pain has gone, im still on mushy food but im not afraid to let food go loose around me mouth without worrying id set a toothache off. the dentist is lovely and she makes me comfortable at each visit and actually takes time to talk me through what the next steps are, she even temporary fixed my front top teeth as they were starting to break off from the gumline, so that looks a lot better than before. Most importantly i can actually see a light at the end of the tunnel, its all improving and ive seen the good job they have done on the back dentures i can only imagine the full top set will look great.

I will be resuming shoots in the next week or so even though this isnt fully done, but nobody can tell ive had anything done yet(the extractions) and the front is looking much better so i feel happy enough to continue with shoots before taking another week off to have the front pulled and replaced.

For the first time since i was a child i'll soon be able to smile a lot and with confidence....even if it is dentures:S i dont care lol plus im looking forward to a steak(my first in 15 years)

sorry for waffling im just gettin all geared up and thought id share in case any models are in a similar situation and think dentures are for grannys

25 December 2012 19:03
Jenelle_James
Model
Jenelle_James
Lancashire
BURNLEY

oh and also maybe someone can help with this, due to mushy food and i'll admit eatin hasnt been regular due to numbness,bleeding,swelling,pain etc ive still somehow managed to get my ass from 8st 6 to 9st....wtf how has this happened lol, after this week im workin to get it off lol

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
25 December 2012 19:05
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

Wow. Sorry to hear what you've had to go through.
Hope next year is a good one for you.
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

25 December 2012 19:07
Jenelle_James
Model
Jenelle_James
Lancashire
BURNLEY

aye its been rough but it can only get better now, im ready for the new year

Derek is off-line
25 December 2012 19:38
Scarecrow
Photographer
Scarecrow
Kent
Faversham

Sorry to hear of the misery you have been going through, and I don't envy you the work you still need to have done. Just console yourself with the thought that you have obviously not been happy with your teeth up to this point, but you will have a smile to be proud of when it's all over.

Bill Haley is off-lineSilver Member
25 December 2012 19:44
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Hampshire
Portsmouth

What an awful thing to have to endure. You have my utmost sympathy and I really hope the new dentist sorts it for you.
How hard can it be?

25 December 2012 19:52
Jenelle_James
Model
Jenelle_James
Lancashire
BURNLEY

its one of those things, couldnt leave it any longer especially as i couldnt even eat something like a burger, but yes im lucky i think the dentist is doin a good job so far, im being taken care of and thats half the battle when it comes to anything dentist related....finding a good one

SHP is off-lineGold Member
26 December 2012 02:43
SteveH32
Photographer
SteveH32
Cheshire
Wirral

Wishing you all the best after all that..
Steve

Chris Lamble is off-lineGold Member
26 December 2012 04:54
Impression
Photographer

Lancashire
Haslingden

Very brave of you to share that. I like your positive approach to what has obviously been a long standing issue that has obviously caused you a certain amount of misery. Great to hear that you are so positive.

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
26 December 2012 05:17
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Well done for sharing.

Alcohol WILL numb the pain, if you persevere with it
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin kacie kkoch
analog bbphotos david1500 dorrian eosfan GSC4X Jamesrichards lenspoynter MIB mike0048 MrDL Vinceb
matt