FACE***K site

Philip Hartley is off-line
20 December 2012 06:41
ph_oto
Photographer
ph_oto
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

Anyone having any strange happenings on FB recently.

My page seems to be under the control of an Alien being of late with all sorts of things happening..   Originally I thought my page had been hacked and have  changed my password within the last few days, but it would seem that it hasn't made a ha'porth of difference.

These "Happenings" include
Page entries disappearing,
Images being moved from one album to another
This morning 2 complete albums have apparently vanished into thin air.

Say what you Mean and Mean what you Say

Mick Stow is off-line
20 December 2012 12:15
OffKeyPhotography
Photographer
OffKeyPhotography
Northamptonshire
Daventry

Ask you wife
Will work up to tasteful Nude for an extra £5 PER HOUR!

Chrissie Red is off-line
20 December 2012 13:26
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I have noticed my comments disappear from time to time or it will update me saying "xyz commented on your picture" I will go into it and there will be no comment there, another thing is I sometimes struggle to read new messages. I will see the "1 new message" and be able to read the first line of that message but when you click to go into it it only shows my last message to the person.

I've never had any issues with albums vanishing or pictures moving around, I have had images deleted but only because I have had to much skin on show and its been FB deleting them rather than a phantom menace.

Have you tried googling to see if anybody else has had the same problems of late?

20 December 2012 16:16
ph_oto
Photographer
ph_oto
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

Quote from OffKeyPhotography
Ask you wife

What!!   again........   

20 December 2012 16:21
ph_oto
Photographer
ph_oto
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

Quote from Chrissie_Red
I have noticed my comments disappear from time to time or it will update me saying "xyz commented on your picture" I will go into it and there will be no comment there, another thing is I sometimes struggle to read new messages. I will see the "1 new message" and be able to read the first line of that message but when you click to go into it it only shows my last message to the person. I've never had any issues with albums vanishing or pictures moving around, I have had images deleted but only because I have had to much skin on show and its been FB deleting them rather than a phantom menace. Have you tried googling to see if anybody else has had the same problems of late?

thanks Chrissie...

I haven't googled it yet as I've been shooting all afternoon, but I will try that later....  I don't think my images show "Too" much skin, I'm careful to blank out nipples and never upload images that  show anything more than that.

As of this moment I don't want to delete the whole page as it  would mean having to re-friend everyone that's on there.
I will see what FB comes back with.

Chrissie Red is off-line
20 December 2012 16:30
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Not sure if the covering of nipples etc always works to be honest - Its a bit of a gamble, I've had shots which have only had my bare back in it (no bottom) with lots of shadows being deleted and images from the side on with my arms completely covering my side boob. The ones where I'm laying naked on the beach have been on my page for years without being deleted.

Although if they delete things they generally warn you, I think you get 3 warnings - then the next time they ban you for 1 day - 3 days and then a week. I've had the 3 day ban quite recently so have set up a new account as "backup" although I only have a handful of contacts on it as I don't want to "confuse" anybody.

I messaged them once about something but they never responded so I sent it several times and eventually I had an email in my inbox which was registered with my facebook account so remember to check in there as well as your facebook messages as they might reply via that route.

Hope you manage to get down to the bottom of it though!

20 December 2012 16:36
ph_oto
Photographer
ph_oto
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

I've just googled "FB problems" and apparently there have been all manner of problems today connected with server issues.......

No CSS on certain pages
Failure to Upload Photos
Lots and Lots of Random Errors
Status Update Errors on the iPhone and BlackBerry apps
Very slow performance
Crashing Firefox 3.5.8

.......And this is just from one page of the problems posted.
I will sit tight for a couple of days and see what comes of it all.

Thanks again..

Chrissie Red is off-line
20 December 2012 16:39
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Oh well thats good news, least you know now that its probably connected to that rather than somebody fiddling with your page
No need to change pages woohoo

Howard Mansfield is off-line
20 December 2012 21:07
HMansfield
Photographer
HMansfield
Nottinghamshire

Facebook has been massively glitchy for a good while now, which is ironic, as it was its reliability that stole so many people away from Myspace.
Everyone knows photographers make up the hottest proportions of Britains single men. - Kater

21 December 2012 05:07
ph_oto
Photographer
ph_oto
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

Chrissie... Fingers crossed, I may try re-uploading a few images over the weekend and see if the site is stable again. According to FB the server issues have all been resolved.

HM... Yes I agree with that, I can't say that I ever experienced any significant issues until FB changed me over to "Timeline" which I'm not too keen on really.

Seasons greetings to you all.

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Gemma89273 Kimmikitsch Lushlolly pinklilly rob452 swifty24 Teela Winterlilly
63jian abouncer Andyphotography davejarvis djb1 eosfan gerryquiff humphries JohnDentonPhoto Kjoservices Mac mikebee pcmphotography philippahh picusio RupertRudd steveh32 tob Visions11 Willjamieson
Emilyvarnfieldmua
thephotographystudios