Reminder Secure

Going cold turkey *this is not christmas related*

19 December 2012 14:45
Marty_W
Photographer

Again for the 2nd time this year I have NO internet. The company I use, I will not
name and shame but refer to them as PantsPants, has again left me another 2 weeks with
no internet. I should be used to it since the last time I was 3 weeks without. I'm now
using my phone to do all things online which is a pain in the bottom hole with this small
screen

Having no internet is like shaven pubes!! annoying!!

Matt Harper is off-line
19 December 2012 15:00
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

you need to talk talk to them and get it sorted

19 December 2012 15:22
Marty_W
Photographer

Quote from mattharper
you need to talk talk to them and get it sorted

I have many times, I even got through to their super tech guys/gals. They are so clever
when they asked "is the adsl light flashing?" Just to be sure I wanted confirmation
On which one it was I asked "what does it look like?" The reply I got was "yes"

They are sending an engineer out Sunday to do a line test after the text service said, no fault
BT said no fault and the tech guys/girls said there is a fault. The phrase bum from elbow
comes to mind.

Had this before, all they need to do is reset the exchange.

Paul Hodson is off-line
19 December 2012 16:06
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Last time I had a problem with mine from the same outfit they suggested I plugged in a spare router - yeah right, we all have one of those hanging about.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

19 December 2012 16:22
Marty_W
Photographer

Well, the first time this happened, 4 months ago that's what they said.
My Netgear router was faulty, they sent an engineer around with their crappy free
router and still nothing.
They tried the same stunt this time as I still have my 'was' working Netgear router and
their crappy free one.
Can't win with them.

KHV is off-line
19 December 2012 16:30
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

Bliss. When I travel, the bliss factor is NOT having access to the net, whole days or a week without, the silence from Keltica is a naughty person e is just heaven.

19 December 2012 16:43
N_A_Photography
Photographer

I'd make sure they give you a hefty discount of inconvenience
WWW.NIKKALAADES.COM

Ian Jackson is off-line
19 December 2012 16:47
brownnwhite
Photographer

Kent

Had a similar problem with another company - lets call them "air".
Went through all the tests plugging the gray wire into orafice a, disconecting the fou fou filter you name it - despite me telling them that the fault was external - used the network and internet page on my computer to identify the fault as between the "gateway" and the net, ended up having the exchange reset - hey presto - interweb back.
Thats call centers for you.
Its nice to be important but more important to be nice

Paul Hodson is off-line
19 December 2012 17:12
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

The reason I lost mine was that they had changed one character in my log on. They had written 2 years ago to say they had made some changes but they would probably not affect logging on - and at the time it didn't.

Two years later they changed their internal verification procedures without notice and my log on no longer worked. It took 3 calls before I got in touch with someone who actually knew what he was talking about and found the problem in 3 seconds! The previous cals had wasted 45 minutes of their and my time,
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

19 December 2012 17:13
Marty_W
Photographer

Has to be the worse call centre ever, they are like robots sticking to the same
script every time, its getting to the point I know exactly what they will say next.
As for a discount I'll get 2 weeks worth I reckon.

10 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alexandru66 Fluffypup ianscales Johnathons Lumen photochroma photofrank Steveh32 timwalton42 Willjamieson