Reminder Secure

What do you say when...

19 December 2012 10:49
CarolineAlexander
Model

Hi models,

I am looking for some advice and would like to know what you think and if you have ever been in a similar situation.
What do you do/say when a photographer contacts you asking to do a shoot, but you look at their pics and they're very poor quality? This recently happened to me, and I responded politely and said that the style of his portfolio wasn't inkeeping with the style of mine, but thanked him for the interest. Of course it's always good to get offers and I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything, but this person won't take no for an answer. I don't know what to do or say to make them get the hint without coming across as blunt or rude! Has this ever happened to you? What would you say? Your help is appreciated!

photo_phil is off-line
19 December 2012 10:53
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
Lincolnshire
Coningsby

I think you've done the right thing by politely declining, but if he won't leave you alone then the blunt route may be your only option.

19 December 2012 11:01
mgphotomedia
Photographer

Quote from CarolineAlexander
...but this person won't take no for an answer. I don't know what to do or say to make them get the hint without coming across as blunt or rude!

Just go to the last PM he sent you and click on the link 'Block this user'. Problem solved.

19 December 2012 11:08
barone
Photographer

Link him to this post....
Next Model Day...23rd March 2014...http://purpleport.com/portfolio/angie...Interested?...Ask me for details.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
19 December 2012 11:13
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from barone
Link him to this post....

+1 cheeky
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

KHV is off-line
19 December 2012 11:36
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

You have to be honest but of course polite.

19 December 2012 11:52
TMG
Photographer

If he won't take a polite no for an answer, then telling him to TMG is a naughty person off is perfectly acceptable.

lazeeboy is off-line
19 December 2012 11:57
lazeeboy
Photographer
lazeeboy
West Sussex
Goring-by-Sea

You haven't got the hang of this internet modelling malarkey. Once you sign up, you are obliged to do a TFP shoot with all the local togs within an 80 mile radius. To be successful it's best to shoot to at least topless levels.

In return, they will supply you with 2000 poorly lit, out of focus, orangey snaps on a cd for you to use. Most will have a huge copyright mark or 1980's designed logo covering most of the pics. You mustn't try and remove this.

Most togs will give you lots of advice about how much you can charge once you get going but you must carry on shooting with him on a tfp basis.

Best of luck

Paul Hodson is off-line
19 December 2012 11:59
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

As per all of the above! Worry not. .

Was it paid by the way - not that it really makes a difference. You can choose who you want to work with.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
19 December 2012 18:01
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

"Feck off, you're crap" usually works.
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alicestar Stratman79
Spiritofwales