Reminder Secure

I did it :)

This thread is being watched by 1 person
15 December 2012 18:44
laylarc
Model

This is a success story that started with Purestorm, and has led to one of my dreams coming true. I'm posting this up to say thank you to everyone that's supported and encouraged me over the last few years.

A few years ago I started writing funny posts on this forum, just for giggles. I've always written for a living - website content, safety manuals, greetings cards, but I've always wanted to write comedy.  I've always been too shy to perform it. I didn't think I was good enough.

Tonight I appeared on TV, writing & performing my stuff, and getting paid for it. I'm now a newsreader for the brand new channel Loaded TV. But more importantly (to me any way) I get some input into the news. I get to write stuff for TV.

Tonight they let me tweak the news to make it funny. I performed it with daft voices, took the laylarc is a naughty person out of Russell Brand, the lot. This means more to me than any magazine cover or hype or fame. And I wouldn't have got there without all of the people from this site that read my stuff, joined in, had a laugh & encouraged me with kind, genuine comments. Thank you, sincerely, and from the very bottom of my twisted little heart.

And while I'm having an on-line, gushy Oscar moment, I just want to say, this is a great site. I've made a lot of friends (and a few enemies, but y'all can't make no ommelettes without crushing some eggs) and worked with some wonderful people. The first 'proper' photographer I worked with, that encouraged me to go for it was Paolo Loraso, who I met  through Purestorm. So I can honestly say, none of this would have happened if I hadn't met certain people. That's what this site is for. And for me, it worked. So thank you.

You can catch me on Loaded TV, channel 200, or watch online.

Dave Laurie is off-line
15 December 2012 18:46
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Lancashire
Preston

Yes you have, well done.

Now Sod off back to FB, Spikey will be missing you!

Dave.

Dave Laurie is off-line
15 December 2012 18:51
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Lancashire
Preston

.....but seriously, it's refreshing to have someone "return to their roots" and say thanks.

You're in a minority.

Dave.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
15 December 2012 19:01
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Congratulations, now shout it from the rooftops!

Bob devil

Dave Laurie is off-line
15 December 2012 19:22
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Lancashire
Preston

Bloody Hell Bob! Was there no Security on that day?
Some protestor has sneaked into the shot.
Must admit though, it wasn't a bad attempt at camouflage, I nearly missed her.

Dave.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
15 December 2012 19:29
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from deetvstudio
Was there no Security on that day?

Only a rottweiler called Laylarc, who acted as Close Protection Operative for my camera bag.
Bob

Derek is off-line
15 December 2012 19:50
Scarecrow
Photographer
Scarecrow
Kent
Faversham

I have always enjoyed your posts on this forum so am pleased everything has worked out the way you wanted, and wish you continued success.

Pixel Sensation is off-line
16 December 2012 06:22
Pixel_Sensation
Photographer
Pixel_Sensation
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham/Grantham

Well done. Your profile was the funniest ive read. Hope you have continued success

Amber West is off-line
16 December 2012 07:45
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

Well done! Love reading of people having awesome and unique successes. Also good to know hard work pays off (...sometimes)

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
19 December 2012 15:51
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Well done Layla.

You do realise they phoned every sane person in town before finally hiring you 
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

13 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Sammy_Louise
Brianseye Colinpierce dirkus draken FlashHarold Hioctane Jan77 jphoto mareeoosh Redbaron viewphotographic
harbourstudio