Reminder Secure

The irony! (Moon Landing)

TIM GREEN is off-line
13 December 2012 11:45
zoomman
Photographer
zoomman
Cumbria

Whilst watching a documentary on C5 last evening regarding whether we've ever actually had a man on the moon,(personally,I've never believed)..ironically,we constantly kept losing the digital signal to our TV!

It beggars belief that in the 1960's,America would have us believe we were able to fulfil such an amazing adventure but now,40+years later,seemingly incapable of maintaining a TV signal just a few miles from our nearest transmitter!

The documentary appeared to confirm a lot of the "conspiracy theory" views..it was especially interesting listening to the guy from Hasselblad who'd designed the cameras for NASA..and his take on how the lighting should surely be on the moon.

WOMEN LIKE SILENT MEN.THEY THINK THEY'RE LISTENING.

Chris Corbin is off-line
13 December 2012 11:50
corbystock
Photographer
corbystock
Hampshire
New Milton

Didn't watch it all but things being the wrong side of the cross hairs on the lens? hmmm.......
There is a chance that everything I just said is complete bollocks

diipii is off-line
13 December 2012 15:35
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

Nothing worth knowing comes through the TV.
It only happens all the time.

Phil_M is off-line
14 December 2012 12:10
Phil_M
Photographer
Phil_M
Greater Manchester
Stockport

This documentary was shown on channel 5 and not the discovery channel. There is a reason for that.

Jonathan is off-line
14 December 2012 14:17
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

..... yep, that seems pretty certain now, it's just a matter of time before some-one admits it - the real question now is, is that rover thingy really on Mars ?

I mean, the Mars Curiosity Sky Crane lol !

.... and, oh, no, we didn't send an experiment to detect life - maybe next time .........................

Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
15 December 2012 03:59
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Thousands of people "know" that men have walked on the surface of the moon..........Thousands of people "know" that Gods son Jesus walked on the Earth, Nuf said I think.

15 December 2012 06:04
Nick_Edinburgh
Photographer

I watched this one too. (Probably my first exposure to Channel 5 for a couple of years.) The circumstantial evidence certainly raised plenty of big questions, that the man from NASA countered with little more than 'they're all nutters' or 'you'd have to be nuts to doubt us' rather than explain any of the really odd stuff with credible scientific explanations. It rang very hollow when all you can do is 'play the man' rather than the ball. But C5 did a predictably bad job by failing to present a truly even-handed documentary.

I'd count myself as open-minded on the question, as I've yet to see a convincing rebuttal. Surely we have telescopes powerful enough to actually show the landing sites with stuff left behind (not the blurry shots out of context presented as 'proof'. Does anyone know a source of convincing scientific rebuttal, to the degree that another telly programme did an excellent dissection of the Kennedy assassination conspiracy theories a few years ago that conclusively showed they didn't hang together).

Profile Pictures is off-line
15 December 2012 06:11
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

What a cool idea ^ it wouldn't be a huge effort for someone to show the moon close up on a telescope would it? Put that malarkey to bed once and for all.

I don't think we got there either. If we had, why not go back for 40 odd years when a percent space station might have fairly easily been set up including deep space telescope on the dark side. Odd isn't it?

Dave Laurie is off-line
15 December 2012 06:33
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Lancashire
Preston

Quote from profilepictures

it wouldn't be a huge effort for someone to show the moon close up on a telescope would it?

There should still be a NASA site somewhere with far too many hi-res images for me to look through.
I did use it a couple of years ago and I'd probably still be there now looking through them all now if I didn't have something better to do.

It's just another of those things "outside my sphere of influence". It might be true, it might not.
Whichever it is, it doesn't directly affect me now, I can't think of a reason why it should in the future, and I can't do anything about it anyway.

Dave.

15 December 2012 07:06
Nick_Edinburgh
Photographer

The other perspective that struck me watching this was to consider the question in terms of the elements of police method. In other words, in terms of faking it, was there Opportunity? Yes. Was there the Means? Yes. Was there the motive? Absolutely, yes. Plus there's no real Alibi. So that only leaves Proof, which still seems at the very least moot.

Anyway, I think this is one that will in fact be conclusively proven one way or the other within the foreseeable future. I'm open minded. But pending alternative information, from the multiple inexplicable bits of circumstantial evidence at this point I'm leaning towards the view that it was probably indeed a big propaganda stunt.

And I'm not sure if I'd agree withdeetvstudio's 'it doesn't affect me' view. I think that any circumstances which show systematic deception of the population by the elected powers is highly relevant in a putative democracy, in helping us all to calibrate how much else to take at face value when being persuaded by other arguments.

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray Jessica_Knight pinklilly rob452
android_man antonart cliffc Daddylonglense Don_Dark donaldmac Elegant_element frankfoto frankpht GSC4X jefflynne Ladiesman mghphoto MIB mike0048 oro Phiesta1 Photojames43 psn RUPERT steveh32 supaglam terryturner Whitehorsephotography wsphoto Wtphotos