Hannah Ashlea is off-line
13 December 2012 07:31
HannahAshlea
Model
HannahAshlea
Northamptonshire
Northampton

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy some makeup brushes but MAC, Bobbi Brown and Illamasqua are out of my price range. I don't really want to be spending more than £18 per brush, maybe a little more for the ones I'll use the most (blusher, eyeshadow). Have you got any recommendations for good quality brushes that aren't going to cost me an arm and a leg? I understand that quality doesn't come cheap, and if it turns out that £25 per brush is the right price, then I'll pay that, but as I have no idea what counts as 'good quality', I wanted to ask here first.

Thanks in advance!

Hannah
Professional Fashion, Latex and Nude model ~ Brunette ~ Freckles ~ www.hannahashlea.blogspot.com

13 December 2012 09:08
River
Model

Im not an MUA, but I've got a set of benefit makeup brushes, the are gorgeous. Very soft bristles, lovely quality! They were a gift so not sure how much they were, but I would definately reccommend them!
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

Vicky Glamorama is off-line
15 December 2012 08:19
vickysglamorama
Make-up Artist

Merseyside
Liverpool

Check out Crown Brushes they are excellent quality and very affordable. Real Techniques as well xxx

16 December 2012 00:24
alice_g
Model

Urban decay ones aren't bad atall I'm not an MUA though x
Everybody dies but not everybody lives

Shannon Keegan is off-line
26 April 2013 14:17
shannonkeegan1
Make-up Artist
shannonkeegan1
Merseyside
liverpool

sigma make up brushes are pretty good and the cheapest set comes in at £70 for 12 brushes.. but there is bigger sets on sigma.. type that int google and have a look at there website! pretty decent brushes! shannon keegan MuA xx

Shannon Emily is off-line
27 April 2013 04:56
shannonemilylove
Model
shannonemilylove
London
Southwark/London

i am a massive MAC junkie. ive tried other high end brands but none compare. well worth the money you spend on them.

fitnude is off-line
27 April 2013 07:49
actiongirl
Model

London

i use some brushes from art shops. Also some art shop brushes are brilliant used as hair dye root touch ups

27 April 2013 14:32
Tansy_Blue
Model

I like my Crown Brushes. If you buy straight from the company you can get them at wholesale prices and it's amazingly cheap.

There's quite a few recommendations here: http://inmykit.com/makeup_brushes.htm
I really like that website as a whole, though it is US-centric and not all the recommended brands are available in the UK.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

27 April 2013 14:33
Tansy_Blue
Model

...And even as I post that I remember that you're not based in the UK anymore anyway. XD
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

Emma Lampkin is off-line
06 May 2013 08:40
Emmalampkin
Make-up Artist
Emmalampkin
Merseyside

Another crown brush fan here

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 ElleLaura Emmaheron KellieBBW roxsanniebel
63jian ad360photo andygstudios claypaws colinpierce dirkus djb1 Dolayley eosfan ignite KrissB Ladiesman Lextalionis moritz78 Oberonfoto peteb Platidonio redbaron Rhadamanthus rscott360 Snooper911 StephSimon Steveh32 Willjamieson
kerandastudio2