Hannah Ashlea is off-line
13 December 2012 08:31
HannahAshlea
Model
HannahAshlea
Northamptonshire
Northampton

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy some makeup brushes but MAC, Bobbi Brown and Illamasqua are out of my price range. I don't really want to be spending more than £18 per brush, maybe a little more for the ones I'll use the most (blusher, eyeshadow). Have you got any recommendations for good quality brushes that aren't going to cost me an arm and a leg? I understand that quality doesn't come cheap, and if it turns out that £25 per brush is the right price, then I'll pay that, but as I have no idea what counts as 'good quality', I wanted to ask here first.

Thanks in advance!

Hannah
Professional Fashion, Latex and Nude model ~ Brunette ~ Freckles ~ www.hannahashlea.blogspot.com

13 December 2012 10:08
River
Model

Im not an MUA, but I've got a set of benefit makeup brushes, the are gorgeous. Very soft bristles, lovely quality! They were a gift so not sure how much they were, but I would definately reccommend them!
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

Vicky Glamorama is off-line
15 December 2012 09:19
vickysglamorama
Make-up Artist

Merseyside
Liverpool

Check out Crown Brushes they are excellent quality and very affordable. Real Techniques as well xxx

16 December 2012 01:24
alice_g
Model

Urban decay ones aren't bad atall I'm not an MUA though x
Everybody dies but not everybody lives

Shannon Keegan is off-line
26 April 2013 15:17
shannonkeegan1
Make-up Artist
shannonkeegan1
Merseyside
liverpool

sigma make up brushes are pretty good and the cheapest set comes in at £70 for 12 brushes.. but there is bigger sets on sigma.. type that int google and have a look at there website! pretty decent brushes! shannon keegan MuA xx

Shannon Emily is off-line
27 April 2013 05:56
shannonemilylove
Model
shannonemilylove
London
Southwark/London

i am a massive MAC junkie. ive tried other high end brands but none compare. well worth the money you spend on them.

fitnude is off-line
27 April 2013 08:49
actiongirl
Model

London

i use some brushes from art shops. Also some art shop brushes are brilliant used as hair dye root touch ups

27 April 2013 15:32
Tansy_Blue
Model

I like my Crown Brushes. If you buy straight from the company you can get them at wholesale prices and it's amazingly cheap.

There's quite a few recommendations here: http://inmykit.com/makeup_brushes.htm
I really like that website as a whole, though it is US-centric and not all the recommended brands are available in the UK.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

27 April 2013 15:33
Tansy_Blue
Model

...And even as I post that I remember that you're not based in the UK anymore anyway. XD
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

Emma Lampkin is off-line
06 May 2013 09:40
Emmalampkin
Make-up Artist
Emmalampkin
Merseyside

Another crown brush fan here

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin dadshouse12 fashion29 Krystald RedXXX toxicinnocence
ad360photo alanbassettphotography alexo antoinewynn bilingbo diphoto djb1 eosfan Essexjohn freddie GSC4X kimsandman2 Kjoservices liteangle mlp oro pafriend redbaron rscott360 RUPERT Steveh32 Willjamieson