Models & Breast Feeding

Missie is off-line
10 January 2013 04:12
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

Okay. IWas trying to be light hearted. I either got it wrong or you missed it spectacularly.

Good for your daughter in law - Perhaps she can go and show every woman who struggles how to do it. Rub it in their faces and make them feel more Missie0290 is a naughty person ? Not every woman is able to breastfeed discreetly and there is no reason to have to. I would rather see a bit of tit get flashed (It's just skin covering milk ducts and fat ffs?) than a woman have to resort to formula because she daren't do it in public.

Also, Being a man, you have no idea what breastfeeding is even like - Try feeding a 4lb9 preemie as i have done TWICE discreetly and you're going to get walked in to.

In the end it was make it more obvious or let people squashed into my baby in the food court at the trafford centre because some bint had locked the feeding room so her and her husband could formula feed their child.

Maybe think before making nasty sexist comments about women next time. It's not asking much is it?
"[Toni] has a short fuse when it comes to stupidity"

Paul Hodson is off-line
10 January 2013 04:16
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Nasty sexist comments? Like "sensible people who entirely agree that you should be able to feed your babies in public."?

All I suggested was that gratuitous over exposure was unnecessary

And it is disingenuous to suggest that you were being lighthearted when you said "It's a mother feeding a baby... If you think that's wrong then you are free to look away. She shouldn't have to struggle to avoid offending your... sensitivities... "

If anyone was being lighthearted it was I when I said "There is of course a difference between doing it discreetly and stripping naked to the waist! "

In the situation I referred to, it was the elderly ladies sitting in the cafe whose "sensitivities" were offended, not mine!

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

10 January 2013 05:33
JennyWren
Model
This member has been reset to pending

I never got any adverse reactions when breastfeeding in public. OP, if you should decide to give it a go, may I suggest you go for the two tops method? A loose strappy top under a t-shirt of a similar colour. You pull up the t-shirt, pull down the strappy top and hey presto, baby can feed but you are still nicely covered. I was always quite shy about feeding in public and found this worked well. So well in fact that my father in law once sat chatting to me for ten minutes without even realising!
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

Catherine is off-lineSilver Member
10 January 2013 06:52
catherinewilliams
Model
catherinewilliams
West Midlands
Ross-on-wye

There are plenty of tops and dresses specially designed for breastfeeding , so you just undo a button or lift a flap and you can do it without showing anything. And of course have a feeding bra and lots of breast pads to stop leaks.

Eg ,

http://www.vertbaudet.co.uk/maternity-breastfeeding-top.htm?ProductId=017003163&CMPID=PPC0895VBTEPPYBLNKBLNK&gclid=CPPpwPvb3bQCFaTMtAodGTsA6g

http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/pp+breastfeeding-tops+and-dresses

http://www.milkbug.co.uk/Autumn-Winter-Collection/?gclid=CNKcsr3c3bQCFYXLtAod6h4AGg
I once spent a weekend in Bath, with ass-kicking mum of 8 Miss Cath. No offence to this mummy, the play-fighting was funny. But now I might need an Osteopath! by Laya Randle-Conde

Missie is off-line
10 January 2013 13:12
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

Mph - Okay, i misunderstood then, I did say 'either i got it wrong'. The breast pump bit was the light hearted bit. *Kiss and make up now*
"[Toni] has a short fuse when it comes to stupidity"

Paul Hodson is off-line
10 January 2013 13:18
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Missie0290
Mph - Okay, i misunderstood then, I did say 'either i got it wrong'. The breast pump bit was the light hearted bit. *Kiss and make up now*

frowncheeky
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Michael Dainty is off-line
11 January 2013 10:47
Mike_Dainty_ARTIST
Photographer
Mike_Dainty_ARTIST
Merseyside
Liverpool

I have taken a few pictures of public breastfeeding mothers, usually asking and being granted permission. I took one last year and when I asked "may I" the mum started to adjust herself so that I could get a better view of the feeding procedure ( in other words show more ). I stopped her as although I am all for getting the best possible picture the little'un was after all having his/her dinner and I didn't want to disturb them too much.
Most people, I assume, really don't care to much about nudity but there are always going to be those who impose their moral misgivings on others. It;s just a shame that this unnatural state of affairs has extended to what is after all a normal interaction between mother and child.
Mike.

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura miles Tashaholz
antoinewynn Auctioneer BOBREEVES Cheshunt83 dave@studio99 geoffmarchant Ianmcculloch James7799 Ladiesman paddywhack paulfcm16 philippahh Rhadamanthus rod_m99 WellandPhoto Willjamieson
kerandastudio2