Reminder Secure

My boyfriend is a really terrible photographer!

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Mischkah  is off-line
11 December 2012 09:10
Mischkah1
Model
Mischkah1
Merseyside
Liverpool

My fella likes to call himself a tog, but his concepts, pictures and the way he goes about his work is unimpressive to say the least
Why does he insist on photographing all the local bimbos with no clue about the concept or meaning of the photo he's taking !!? on a 'winter fashion shoot' he ended up taking pictures of a woman in the woods with her tits out- ?! Is it just me? When asked about how his shoot went he didn't want to talk about it.
He has a great model to use, me! But chooses to either portray me horrendously or not at all. I have told him repeatedly that his work sucks and that's why I won't work with him again!
We both started modelling / photographing at the beginning of our relationship about 6 months ago. I feel that perhaps my success has overridden his and that maybe why he's not that interested in photographing me as a 'beautiful model'
Sorry for the rant, but it drives me mad to know that there are togs all over the country wanting to photograph me and yet my own boyfriend doesn't or won't in a way that helps my career
We should be a winning team but I find it really hard to be supportive of his work when it's unfocused and pointless it's driving a wedge between us
Should I just walk away?

11 December 2012 09:14
mgphotomedia
Photographer

Quote from Mischkah1
Should I just walk away?

Impossible to tell without a link to his port.

SianiVealModel is off-line
11 December 2012 09:18
xoxsxox
Model
xoxsxox
Nottinghamshire

I was going out with a ''photographer'' who had the worst images, it sounds like hes in it for the wrong reasons like mine was... ditch him x

Mischkah  is off-line
11 December 2012 09:38
Mischkah1
Model
Mischkah1
Merseyside
Liverpool

He doesn't have a port
He does it all through Facebook!

11 December 2012 09:53
Socialdisaster
Photographer

So, to be clear, you want to dump someone because they won't take photos of you and you don't like the photos they take.

Nice.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
11 December 2012 09:56
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Socialdisaster
So, to be clear, you want to dump someone because they won't take photos of you and you don't like the photos they take.

Seems fair to me
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Spike is off-line
11 December 2012 09:58
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Hertfordshire
St Albans

Quote from Mischkah1
He doesn't have a port He does it all through Facebook!

Link to FB page??

Having looked at your portfolio - what a waste.

Offer to TF for photography lesson to a photographer who' work you would like him to aspire to.

Must admit it occured to me how handy it would be to have a model girlfriend, decent weather, finding yourself in a great location I would always be in the position to get some great shots, only problem was my wife didn't see the practical & artistic advantages of the idea smiley

"Photoshop is there to cut diamonds, not polish turds"

11 December 2012 10:01
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from RedChecker
Seems fair to me

I can think of one angle from which it's definitely fair: his!

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

mgphotomedia
Photographer

Quote from Socialdisaster
So, to be clear, you want to dump someone because they won't take photos of you and you don't like the photos they take. Nice.

I've got three younger sisters and regularly get approached by boys they've dumped for reasons they can't understand imploring me to talk them round. Err....no. I do feel sorry for them though surprise

davidthorpe photography is off-line
djtphotography
Photographer
djtphotography
Cambridgeshire
St Ives

Never mix business and pleasure is my rule

38 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexa_Fierce92 chosin DareMeDD ElleLaura
ad360photo bbphotos Brian2008 carshaltonkev Chris_Mansfield ChrisD Development digitalmood dirkus donaldmac Essexjohn hylander iDubai2018 Kimily Kjoservices Look_Sharp maozhu Mike103 mlp modelimaging monochromeset nigel peteb poah Rhadamanthus rod_m99 Shootonlocation siclews stephenmuddell stevegosh steveh32 Swyftie thelook zzdigital