Reminder Secure

It's official... it's all the cow's fault! (Soapbox Thread)

Tony Stephenson is off-line
11 December 2012 06:35
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

[ Admin Warning - Soapbox Thread ]

There you go... it's not cars which is the problem...it's the farmers and their ruddy cows which are the biggest threat to the planet!

I read somewhere that this government is giving £15 million to a South American project to investigate cow's farting issues!  I wonder if the government will now reduce green taxes seeing as how it's not all the motorist's fault?

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/cow-emissions-more-damaging-to-planet-than-co2-from-cars-427843.html

www.le-femme.co.uk

Jesfish is off-line
11 December 2012 06:47
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

This is old news...and another reason why I don't eat meat.

11 December 2012 07:24
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from jes

If they've known about it for so long...then why have they been slapping hefty green taxes on motorists and air travellers etc over past few years?

www.le-femme.co.uk

Peter Hague is off-line
11 December 2012 07:32
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from tonycsm
If they've known about it for so long...then why have they been slapping hefty green taxes on motorists and air travellers etc over past few years?

Because it's an easy tax to sell, being a greenie is trendy, so you don't mind paying more tax because you feel good (and morally superior) about 'saving the planet'.

You also get a double whammy because the self same morally superior greenies will shout down and try and silence any deviation from the accepted way. Anyone who dares question the scientific theory this taxation is based on gets set upon.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

11 December 2012 08:23
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from PeterH
Because it's an easy tax to sell, being a greenie is trendy, so you don't mind paying more tax because you feel good (and morally superior) about 'saving the planet'.

You also get a double whammy because the self same morally superior greenies will shout down and try and silence any deviation from the accepted way. Anyone who dares question the scientific theory this taxation is based on gets set upon.

Absolutely correct Peter!
I've never subscribed to the Anthropogenic causation of global warming ( I note they've now changed it mostly to Climate Change) but as soon as I or others like me who have reasonably sufficient knowledge to question this assumption, we are immedaitely set upon and viewed as heretics. It seems that Global Warming is now the new religion.

This 'Tube video for me says it all.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhu3ESXvGR4&feature=related

www.le-femme.co.uk

digineil is off-line
11 December 2012 10:10
digineil
Photographer
digineil
Staffordshire

Quote from jes

Same here and dairy products as well cheeky

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
11 December 2012 10:11
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from jes
and another reason why I don't eat meat.

Make you fart?
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Neil Anderson is off-line
11 December 2012 11:03
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from tonycsm
Absolutely correct Peter!

I've never subscribed to the Anthropogenic causation of global warming ( I note they've now changed it mostly to Climate Change) but as soon as I or others like me who have reasonably sufficient knowledge to question this assumption, we are immedaitely set upon and viewed as heretics. It seems that Global Warming is now the new religion.

This 'Tube video for me says it all.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhu3ESXvGR4&feature=related

Do you believe the earth is flat too ? Deny the existence of gravity ? Or have shares in an oil company ?
No credible scientists doubt climate change. But of course you have a right to be ignorant and believe the Oil companies' fairy stories.

Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Peter Hague is off-line
11 December 2012 11:33
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from stolenfaces
Do you believe the earth is flat too ? Deny the existence of gravity ? Or have shares in an oil company ? No credible scientists doubt climate change. But of course you have a right to be ignorant and believe the Oil companies' fairy stories.

QED (Unlike MMGW)
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

11 December 2012 12:12
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from stolenfaces
Do you believe the earth is flat too ? Deny the existence of gravity ? Or have shares in an oil company ? No credible scientists doubt climate change. But of course you have a right to be ignorant and believe the Oil companies' fairy stories.

No but there again, perhaps I have sufficient scientific education and experience of studying the subject in depth to hold informed and valid views . Do you?

As for no credible scientists doubting climate change, at least on this you are right... climate has never been a constant so that is a non-starter as an argument and no one is challenging that view BUT, many eminent and credible scientists strongly dispute the view that global warming/climate change, whatever you wish to call it is anthropomorphic in origin and there is plenty of evidence available out there to support this view!

As for my ignorance...you might for starters, want to do some research into the University of East Anglia and the cover-up regarding their admission of manipulating the figures which the IPCC uses.....you're of course very welcome to argue the facts openly on this forum where we can determine who is most ignorant of the facts! I'll leave that up to you!

www.le-femme.co.uk

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Hann Michelledefeo1 samanthajane4 Yenguo
andrewmoon aprilscherz3 davemac grahamsphotography iestyn JimPow MauricesImagery Peter_d_photography Platidonio rscott360 severndigital xposed