Cyber War on FB...?

GCImages is off-line
10 December 2012 19:38
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X
Gloucestershire
Gloucester

Well I can't access it and it would appear it's not just me.  I don't even want to know what these idiots are about.  All I do know is that they are stopping millions of loved ones talking to each other, many millions socializing together, and goodness knows what else.

Profile Pictures is off-line
10 December 2012 19:44
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Sure, that's the way, look down rather than up for the problem. Facebook is your friend, listed on the new York stock exchange after all.

You might also consider telephone, Skype, email etc to communicate, much as Facebook would hate that!

GCImages is off-line
10 December 2012 19:53
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X
Gloucestershire
Gloucester

???

Look up, look down.  Sorry mate, too meaningful for me.  So because they are listed on the NY Stock Exchange makes it a good enough target?

I have been bitching about the ads for a few weeks now, but surely that is not what this is about?

Andy_B is off-lineSilver Member
10 December 2012 20:05
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
London
London

Quote from GSC4X
Well I can't access it and it would appear it's not just me.  I don't even want to know what these idiots are about.  All I do know is that they are stopping millions of loved ones talking to each other, many millions socializing together, and goodness knows what else.

Go and talk to a real person, read a book or do something useful instead then.

Think of this as a gift.

Profile Pictures is off-line
10 December 2012 20:09
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

No, it's not too meaningful, like the rest of us you live in a world which recently changed dramatically and you, like me, are and will continue to suffer the consequences. Not from single mothers, or 'chavs' or Muslims, hackers or any other bogie man we're given to fret over; ultimately by the super rich. We all remember, not long back, the banks took money from various nations sovereign coffers and haven't given it back, the large corporations thrive under tax law determined by governments in their thrall, periodically regimes are turned upside down for financial rather than humanitarian reasons, etc etc

You me, just about everyone we know ( the 99%) are being squeezed harder and harder, encouraged to blame smaller weaker groups for our downturn in fortunes and all the time supporting and even admiring those who treat us like animals.

GCImages is off-line
10 December 2012 20:21
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X
Gloucestershire
Gloucester

And I thought I took it all to seriously

Anthonygh is off-line
10 December 2012 21:33
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

It went down for about 20 minutes......

Orson Carter is off-line
11 December 2012 05:13
orsoncarter
Photographer
orsoncarter
Somerset
near Frome

Quote from GSC4X

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!  Reading that Ethel from Edinburgh is having berries for breakfast, that Gladys from Guildford has bruised her knee, that Bertha from Bolton is on a train, or that it's cold in Inverness...  How am I supposed to get through the day without keeping up with such earth-shattering news?  frown
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck

Peter Hague is off-line
11 December 2012 05:26
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from anthonyh
It went down for about 20 minutes......

But your dinner can go cold in that time, before you've posted a picture of it to your 53,000 friends.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

Rupert Rudd is off-line
11 December 2012 05:57
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

If FB were turned off permanently, what would I do with that extra hour a day of my life that I have been given back?
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

6 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
android_man Antz dby47 flair_photography Pval Steveh32