Ava Marie is off-line
10 December 2012 17:07
cadencecandy
Model
cadencecandy
Kent
Medway

hey!
was wondering if anyone could recommend shampoo/conditioner and any other products to use with extensions? I've had mine weaved in and was told today that should use shampoo and conditioner designed for extensions to keep them nice.

thanks!

Missie is off-line
10 December 2012 19:25
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

I use a shampoo that says on the bottle that its for wigs, extensions and weaves etc.
If you go to where you bought the hair from (Or a shop that sells the same) They should stock it and advise.

I use that, and lush's shampoo bar and then dove conditioner on the ends
"[Toni] has a short fuse when it comes to stupidity"

Emma is off-lineSilver Member
10 December 2012 21:47
EmmaHeron
Model
EmmaHeron
Greater Manchester
manchester

I had a weave for 3 years and shampoo wise I used the johnstons "No more tears" range particularly the anti tangle (green bottle) if its delicate enough for babies it is delicate enough for extensions.
Conditioner and treatment wise I would recommend the Moroccan oil range, pricey but worth it.
I would also recommend using Redken anti snap treatment serum through the ends.
Hope that helps, oh and if your struggling with the new weave itch, try to tap rather than scratch at the base of the weave.
Hope this helps

Laura Black is off-line
11 January 2013 11:31
Laura_Black
Model
Laura_Black
Berkshire
Slough

I'm surprised they didn't give you samples or even names of some that they would recommend

Strange
Enjoying life

25 August 2014 08:36
NiaomiMaiden
Model

Don't use ones that claim to be made for extensions. I find Aussie is a good choice. Always no conditioner to your roots just midlengths to end.

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ansonphotography drew1299 ellessephotography