This thread is being watched by 1 person
Stu Buckland is off-line
09 December 2012 08:16
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
Kent
Maidstone

I thought it would be interesting to see everyones first ever photo from a shoot. Either the photographers first properly edited photo from their first shoot, or the first photo a model received from their first shoot.

Details from the shoot are optional, depending how embarrassed you are about it!

So, here's mine, and let's see everyone elses!

I will fully admit that after this picture I knew I wanted to do photography properly, as I always had an interest. This is one of my best friends, Jo, who was happy to pose for a few pics in front of a black sheet on the wall. And the camera? (cringe time!) A Casio QV-R40. Two days later I went out and bought my first DSLR camera.

The photo was taken on the 22nd October 2006.

09 December 2012 10:17
Socialdisaster
Photographer

First time I pointed a camera at someone, in an arrangement, i got this:

There;s actually far better ones of her from the same afternoon, but this is technically the first. Yes, it is a her. My boots, my mask, my g/fs jacket and the models clothes.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Suzy Monty is off-lineSilver Member
09 December 2012 12:45
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

THIS was my FIRST professional shoot in the 1970's (!!!) and HEY PRESTO...it actually got published in Weekend Magazine. I nearly framed the payment cheque...laughTaken when I was in my very early 20's...kinda a long time ago...

I STILL have the same outfit...and modelled it recently!

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

09 December 2012 13:01
_Maz_
Model

This was my first ever shoot. 11/3/2006

16, awful makeup skills, bad skin and no idea how to pose or style myself properly. 
Still tend to look back at old pictures to see how far I've come...usually teamed with: "why did I think this (pose/expression/outfit/makeup) looked good?"

Scottish Alternative Model, represented by Spirit Model Management. Just a wee bit bonkers ;) www.kasuminoir.co.uk

Stu Buckland is off-line
09 December 2012 13:08
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
Kent
Maidstone

Quote from _Maz_
This was my first ever shoot. 11/3/2006

16, awful makeup skills, bad skin and no idea how to pose or style myself properly. 
Still tend to look back at old pictures to see how far I've come...usually teamed with: "why did I think this (pose/expression/outfit/makeup) looked good?"

The funny thing is, is that you could compare the picture you posted against your main profile picture (since they are kinda similar setups) to clearly see how far you've come - which is  A LOT!!!

Chrissie Red is off-line
09 December 2012 13:34
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

My first shoot was more like bodyscape nudes..

this is one of the first shoots but not quite the first

I don't see it and think I've come on a long way though, it just makes me giggle.. no arms.. no legs haha! 2007

Stu Buckland is off-line
09 December 2012 16:44
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
Kent
Maidstone

Quote from Chrissie_Red

I don't see it and think I've come on a long way though, it just makes me giggle.. no arms.. no legs haha! 2007

And yet I bet you that at the time (just like I thought with my first shoot pics) you thought the pics were awesome. surprise

Chrissie Red is off-line
09 December 2012 17:01
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from thestarglider
And yet I bet you that at the time (just like I thought with my first shoot pics) you thought the pics were awesome. surprise

I wouldn't go that far :-P

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
09 December 2012 18:42
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

This one for a dress designer. This is the designer after the model no showed. (booked by designer)

The lighting was courtesy of every light in the shop turned on, a reflector and AWB.

More misses than hits on the day, but it was the start of a learning curve

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
09 December 2012 18:43
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from Chrissie_Red

You did Glamour 

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
kathmoore1 Winterlilly
2webmedia 63jian Brian2008 djtphotography GlasgowPhotographer humphries jeffers keltica love MIB muz Northimages Oneimage peteb peterh philippahh rankin22 rscott360 Snooper911 Steveharratt swalsh58 Thunder_Photos
Charlottealom