This thread is being watched by 1 person
charley-marie is off-line
07 December 2012 19:56
charlotte90
Model
charlotte90
London
south london

Hair extentions what's the best way? Weaved in or clip ins.. I've had glue before but messed up my hair lol so what would you girls suggest you found best?? Thanks xxx

Moderator Input
This is a request for advice - anyone advertising in the Chat Forums risks Suspension!

08 December 2012 09:34
alshepherd
Model

I love glue ins, you just have to be careful with how you look after them and your own hair, and how you take them out, I never lost any hair (apart from my normal amount) . clip ins are probably better because you can take them out to give your hair a rest, and they are easy to put in and take out, and easy to style x
See my full portfolio at http://anniesnow.wix.com/official

Laura Jo is off-line
08 December 2012 11:12
Neonpink
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
Neonpink
Greater Manchester
Manchester

Ive only used clip and glue in ones and definately prefer the clip ins. Theres pro's and con's in all methods but the ones least likely to damage hair is the clips

10 January 2013 07:38
NiaomiMaiden
Model

I love glue in ones had them for 10 years now and my hair is perfect underneath x

10 January 2013 07:41
ASHLEA_LOUISE
Model

ive had clip ins, weave, glue ins and now micro rings, soon to ty the new craze easilocks like micro rings only smaller bonds.
i got on well with the glue ins and the micro rings only difference micro rings are easier to take out less mess is left.
x
keep model warm for optimum results.....

Ella-mae is off-lineSilver Member
10 January 2013 08:55
Ellamae10
Model
Ellamae10
West Sussex
Worthing - But will travel WORLDWIDE!

What glue in ones did you have before? Seam bonds or individual? And what hair was it that you used? And what glue? It can all differ HUGELY depending... But ALL extensions cause some sort of damage to your hair as all will pull and add weight to your roots and existing hair, it's only that some are slightly kinder than others.

If you're worried about more damage, get clip ins and make sure you take them out at night.. Weaving is a technique usually used for Afro Carribean hair, which is usually far stronger, thicker and durable than thin European hair generally speaking, i hated having a weave as it's so painful and tight, and just feels as if you're wearing a helmet the whole time! And as you can't wash it properly it gets SO itchy!

I've had bonding, individual bonds, Balmain, micro loops and clip ins, and i will ALWAYS stick to Balmain hair and individual bonds now... There are also the, 'tape in' extentions, they're getting quite good press at the moment too?

Hope this helps.. If you said your budget it would probably be easier to recommend something... 
A neat little space to write something profound and thought provoking...

10 January 2013 11:57
angelbrown
Model

I love clip in extensions because eventually they have wear and tear and at least you can take them out, throw them and get new ones, they can be dyed separate to your hair also, and it's good to be able to take them out at night as aposed to having them in 24 hours a day. I also find it usual because I often curl my extensions separately then simply put them in my hair, easy as! It suits me but everyone is different.

Sarah  is off-line
11 January 2013 08:37
sarah5182
Model
sarah5182
Merseyside
Liverpool

I have sewn in I'd never have clip in couldn't b arsed taken me head off before bed Haha !
Iv always had them sewn in. Then I can go hairdressers and have curly blow etc mad they stay in xx

Laura Black is off-line
11 January 2013 11:23
Laura_Black
Model
Laura_Black
Berkshire
Slough

I would recommend clip ins for obvious reaons...you can take them out whenever you want. If you get bored, quick to change up with another colour or style, no fuss

I usually prefer using clip ins frown
Enjoying life

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Chanel_sphinx Kaitlynlakenxxx pinklilly
ALANOMNIA Blancho cliffc djb1 gerry99111 gperl gwentman jdunvillephotography mike0048 Njsphotography oscar Philski PhilStorm plld poah redbaron shadowtime74 Skystudio Steveh32 swalsh58