First time

EdT is off-line
13 December 2012 10:05
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from mgphotomedia
I believe the theory is that TVs, HiFis, computers etc all consume power to some extent whilst in standby mode or even when switched off (eg clocks and timers) hence turning them off at the wall saves electricity.

I'm sort of assuming this is what she means. Though I do know someone who swears that if you don't switch off the switch on the socket then electricity will leak out. Nothing will convince them otherwise.

diipii is off-line
13 December 2012 14:37
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

Ignore the doom and gloomers and just enjoy it.
It only happens all the time.

Jaye  is off-line
14 December 2012 09:58
jessicard
Model
This member has been reset to pending
jessicard
Vale of Glamorgan
Cardiff

Never heard of anyone whos actually done it BUT ask your landlord to walk round with you to do the inventory when you move in AND make sure you take pictures of the flat when you move in and any damage, mould etc that occurs during your time there.

I'm speaking as a very bitter ex-tenant. Lived in a flat full of mould and have been battling ever since to get our £1,100 deposit back. NIGHTMARE.
http://jayerose.tumblr.com/

35 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Bustybrooke9 charlotte90 Chebella91 chloejade25 Cutesick Jamie32E roxsanniebel
Antz Auctioneer ChrisD david1500 dhuntuk donaldmac gazzer59 James65 keltica Kjoservices LGI mamamiya Manchestertog1 markeos50d Martin2016 MIB modelboutique moritz78 Mph panda49 photomart riddell rscott360 siclews stephenmuddell Thechriss timbham Willjamieson