First real snow of winter!!!

Tony Stephenson is off-line
05 December 2012 07:48
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Looks like winter has finally arrived here in my part of East yorkshire - been snowing on and off this morning and now it's blowing a right blizzard and covering everything and the weather forecast doesn't look too promising !

Anyone else on the East Coast suffering or is it just local to me?
www.le-femme.co.uk

matt is a moderatorPlatinum Member
05 December 2012 07:57
matt
Peacemaker
matt
East Sussex
Brighton

It snowed very lightly in Brighton this morning but didn't settle, I think there's worse to come though
If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

05 December 2012 08:03
Lisaliz
Model

In Southend there was an inch during rush hour, which caused utter havoc. A ten minute journey took an hour and a half.

It was awfully pretty when the sun came out though.

My day in a studio in Suffolk was called off, so I'm catching up on the housework. (Or ought to be!)

05 December 2012 08:06
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from Lisaliz
In Southend there was an inch during rush hour, which caused utter havoc. A ten minute journey took an hour and a half. It was awfully pretty when the sun came out though. My day in a studio in Suffolk was called off, so I'm catching up on the housework. (Or ought to be!)

An inch of snow and it caused havoc?????

Crikey...I don't what it would be like if they got the amount of snow we usually get up in the North!
www.le-femme.co.uk

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
05 December 2012 08:42
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

We had 2" of snow on Friday night, not nearly enough to have fun in.

On Friday morning, I set off to work at 5:30 am with -5 centigrade on the thermometer. 
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

05 December 2012 08:58
N_A_Photography
Photographer

Blazing sunshine in Norwich
WWW.NIKKALAADES.COM

05 December 2012 09:00
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from gerryquiff
We had 2" of snow on Friday night, not nearly enough to have fun in.

On Friday morning, I set off to work at 5:30 am with -5 centigrade on the thermometer. 

A mere trifle Gerry!wink

A few years ago, I used to visit Russia quite regularly ( near Siberia ) and the typical Soviet blocks of flats all had balconies - all occupants fitted thermometers on the them so that they could look out of their window and check the temperature to see what to wear that day and the thermometers went down to - 50 centigrade on the scale!!!

Apparently, once when I was there during winter, they were telling me it was quite a mild winter because it was only down to around -25 to -27 C in January!!!
The one thing I liked about that country was the state approach to home heating/energy - all the housing blocks were heated by one central unit in the block which kicked in as soon as the temperature fell to or below 8 deg C for 3 nights in a row ( usually late September when the first snows arrived) ...after which the heating stayed on 24/7 until springtime and only cost the occupants a pittance! Of course wages weren't high but at least they were warm!
www.le-femme.co.uk

Amy Rose is off-lineSilver Member
05 December 2012 09:03
AmyC_01
Model
AmyC_01
West Yorkshire
Leeds

Send the snow to West Yorkshie!!!! xx

05 December 2012 09:24
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from AmyC_01
Send the snow to West Yorkshie!!!! xx

It's eased off now but it was coming from your direction earlier.. However, I don't think it will be too long before it will in your area!frown

www.le-femme.co.uk

Paul Hodson is off-line
05 December 2012 09:28
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Blazing sunshine in Cheshire too!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Marcrot Sammi_1985 Summerbrook
ansonphotography Creativedge dannyrich david1500 digitizer dorrian eltel fashionphotography gkeesuk gordon guitarman Ianmcculloch johnmphoto kai_kul Ladiesman Lumiere mike0048 nemesis PhilStorm Thunder_Photos TonyNutley vipimages Willjamieson