Reminder Secure

making someone look wet/splashed with water

Carol-Ann Bavage is off-line
05 December 2012 06:42
CBavage
Make-up Artist

Victoria

HI All,

am looking for suggestions for making someone look wet or splashed for a photoshoot.

I did something similar last week and the client had already organized sugar water - but the model found it very itchy. So im looking for an alternative - something that will hold droplets/wet look for photos but without the irritation.

Im thinking maybe a baby oil spray or a mix of oil/water??

Any suggestions? The shoot is Friday and the client is very important so i dont want any more itchy models!!

05 December 2012 06:44
_Maz_
Model

I tend to put on a lot of baby oil then spray water on top (just not too cold!).
Scottish Alternative Model, represented by Spirit Model Management. Just a wee bit bonkers ;) www.kasuminoir.co.uk

Brian Selway is off-line
05 December 2012 06:48
BrianSelway
Photographer

Leicestershire
Leicester

Try a thin layer of baby oil, and spray a mix of 90% water and 10% glycerine, it doesn't evapotate too quickly then.

Durham Photographics is off-lineSilver Member
05 December 2012 07:42
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
County Durham

Baby oil and water.
That's how I did the torso shot in my port.

Don't offer to put the baby oil on for them as that may offend (some).

ImperfectRose is onlineSilver Member
05 December 2012 08:44
SoftGentle
Model
SoftGentle
Greater Manchester
Leigh

Baby oil and water like above has mentioned. Use a squirty bottle for water and have it warmish otherwise your model will most likely get goose bumps lol xxx

Razoir is off-line
05 December 2012 09:39
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

Better than baby oil and does not make model smell like a creche on the way home, is food quality corn oil. Takes water well but try using Golden Syrup instead of water for a very interesting effect.
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
06 December 2012 00:25
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

Boots Soap & Glory Easy Glistening™ Dry Oil Body Gloss spray can. Followed by misting with water. Quick, no touching skin to make cover uneven, not bad for skin like baby (mineral) oil.

use closer to the skin and much more generously than intended to get a wet look rather than a shimmer.

Claire Shipman is off-line
08 December 2012 16:07
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Glycerin and water mixed as said above about 70% water to 30% Glycerin should do the trick in a cosmetic spray bottle. The Glycerin will stay put and beads on the skin whereas baby oil tends to run more

Ratana Rose is off-line
08 December 2012 16:45
RattusRock
Model
RattusRock
County Durham
durham

http://graftobian.com/commerce/product.jsp?prodId=1237&catId=2195

artificial sweat and tears used by fx artists

Karen Hegarty is off-line
17 December 2012 11:32
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

I always use glycerin and water looks more natural than baby oil and beads up like sweat i've used it a few times especially on sports and boxing type shoots

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Czechbeauty Kayleigh94 Sammi_1985 Softgentle
BOBREEVES BobWright cps david1500 ellessephotography Essexjohn gordon Ladiesman MIB mike0048 mrdl philippahh PhilStorm Poss riddell TinDolls TonyNutley vipimages Willjamieson