Travelling

UltraViolet is off-linePlatinum Member
04 December 2012 19:19
Curvy_Brunnette
Model
Curvy_Brunnette
Wiltshire
Larkhill

Just checked on the national rail website and all the prices have gone up yet again!!
It costs 175 for a return on a train from Liverpool to Salisbury, how disgusting is that?
If anyone travels down south on Friday around that areas and need a travelling partner let me know be happy to share petrol!

Who else thinks these prices are getting ridiculous?
Michelle Seanor http://www.Michelleseanor86.moonfruit.com

Chrissie Red is off-line
04 December 2012 19:40
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I always find booking in advance saves a fair bit. I'm travelling down to London next month - 1st class return from Scotland costs us less than £100 each. Can't really complain, not always easy but forward planning when it comes to travel is a must. I got from Glasgow- Wolverhampton for about £7 a few years ago, then down to Bournemouth for a little under £20. Sometimes planning the journey in stages saves a bit on costs, maybe not the most convenient but it can save pennies.

There is a new website coming out, for the life of me I cannot remember the name of it but it is for people sharing car long distance car journeys. Like they will post their journey and people who are looking to travel will dontate towards the petrol so hopefully somebody who isn't as forgetful as me remembers what its called. I've heard it advertised on Radio1 this week. Maybe not possible for this journey but if it launches properly it could be good information for the future.

Cx

UltraViolet is off-linePlatinum Member
04 December 2012 19:52
Curvy_Brunnette
Model
Curvy_Brunnette
Wiltshire
Larkhill

Many thanks Chrissy, ill have a little browse for it if I can.
Maybe it would be a good idea if they done a travelling forum on purestorm also, it would proberbly
Help alot of models and togs out.

Mich x

Moderator Input
There are major Model Safety considerations with having a Travel-share Forum and as
Purestorm is UK-based we could be seen as failing in our 'Duty of Care' if something went badly wrong.

Michelle Seanor http://www.Michelleseanor86.moonfruit.com

04 December 2012 20:04
1919_Images
Photographer

You can save money by breaking the journey down into stages of less than 50miles
For example off peak return B'ham to Leeds is £56.10
Instead buy 3 seperate off peak returns as follows
B'ham - Derby is £14.80
Derby - Sheffield is £10.30
Sheffield to Leeds is £9.90 - Total £35.00

You can buy all the tickets at once on the day of travel and use the same train but save £21.10

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
04 December 2012 20:17
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from MichelleSeanor86
Many thanks Chrissy, ill have a little browse for it if I can. Maybe it would be a good idea if they done a travelling forum on purestorm also, it would proberbly Help alot of models and togs out. Mich x 

There's 2 sites that a friend uses on a semi regular basis (he delivers cars)  

http://www.nationalcarshare.co.uk/

http://gocarshare.com/
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Paul Hodson is off-line
05 December 2012 05:35
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from 1919_Images
You can save money by breaking the journey down into stages of less than 50miles For example off peak return B'ham to Leeds is £56.10 Instead buy 3 separate off peak returns as follows .................

This can be especially effective if the journey starts during the peak hours and continues through cheaper times.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Peter Hague is off-line
05 December 2012 05:58
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from 1919_Images
You can save money by breaking the journey down into stages of less than 50miles For example off peak return B'ham to Leeds is £56.10 Instead buy 3 seperate off peak returns as follows B'ham - Derby is £14.80 Derby - Sheffield is £10.30 Sheffield to Leeds is £9.90 - Total £35.00 You can buy all the tickets at once on the day of travel and use the same train but save £21.10

There's an app for that!  Tickety Split (iphone, don't know about others), although it only works for walk up fares so far. But just tell it your start and end points, and it'll find the best ticketing solution for you.

(But some jobsworth guard will make you get off and back on the train at the station where the ticket changes)
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

Peter Hague is off-line
05 December 2012 06:03
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from MichelleSeanor86
Who else thinks these prices are getting ridiculous?

Yep, just abandoned planning a break next week, £450 (2 people) for 3 days/2 nights in Brussels via Eurostar, £280 to get to the Eurostar terminal by train.  Going off peak means staying lin Londonistan overnight, so hotels costs would eat up the rail savings.

"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

12 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
toniallcorn
andyritchie aprilscherz3 FirstLifePhotography Fluffypup George99 martinchristie minolta photofrank redtail shadowtime74 siclews