Another mouth to feed

EdT is off-line
06 December 2012 09:14
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from anthonyh
This might not be the case of course...a lot depends on the Queen's health.

She has made it clear many times that she will reign until her death...if she lives to the same age as her mother that is still a long time.

Charles of course is already an old man.......if he should sucumbe before the  Queen then the line of succession will pass to Andrew...and then his children.

Just a thought.

Errr no.

The succession is ordered by male-preference (cognatic) primogeniture. A person is always immediately followed in the succession by his or her own legitimate descendants (his or her line) except for any legitimate descendants who already appear higher in the line of succession. A person's sons and their lines all come before a person's daughters and their lines. Older sons and their lines come before younger sons and their lines. Older daughters and their lines come before younger daughters and their lines,

So, Charles' line (William (then possible children) then Harry (then possible children)) come before Andrew. Once someone is in the direct line of succession, the only way they can not become king/queen is by dying (or abdication).

Paul Hodson is off-line
06 December 2012 11:43
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from EdT
Errr no. The succession is ordered by male-preference (cognatic) primogeniture. A person is always immediately followed in the succession by his or her own legitimate descendants (his or her line) except for any legitimate descendants who already appear higher in the line of succession. A person's sons and their lines all come before a person's daughters and their lines. Older sons and their lines come before younger sons and their lines. Older daughters and their lines come before younger daughters and their lines, So, Charles' line (William (then possible children) then Harry (then possible children)) come before Andrew. Once someone is in the direct line of succession, the only way they can not become king/queen is by dying (or abdication).

Oh stop spoiling the thread with facts!  surprise

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

EdT is off-line
06 December 2012 12:47
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from mph
Oh stop spoiling the thread with facts! 

Sorry, I'm a born pedant. You have no idea how much my wife suffers from my pedantry.

Robert Blandford is off-lineSilver Member
06 December 2012 14:45
couchpotato
Photographer
couchpotato
New Zealand
Kirwee

There was me thinking they were just born with a silver spoon in they mouth!!!!!

12 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Just_janine
Antz duncanjames Essexjohn liteangle Musicman redtail shadowtime74 steveh32 supernova woody
harbourstudio