Bra Size help (possibly TMI)

Missie is off-line
03 December 2012 10:36
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

So, My profile lists my cup size as a C. This isn't strictly true but i'm not sure what else to put.
I am breastfeeding my youngest child so they vary dramatically. I am going to measure them in a bit at their smallest, But when they're erm, Full they go up to what i'd guess is a D (definitely too big for a C cup bra.. They jump out of it).

Would you list this on your profile? It's never been a problem or anything, And i don't plan on stopping BFing completely any time soon. They often end up a bit bigger by the time i get to the shoot as obviously, I have not been feeding the boy for a couple of hours by then.

Any advice appreciated.
"[Toni] has a short fuse when it comes to stupidity"

Chrissie Red is off-line
03 December 2012 13:14
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

My breasts vary a bit when its time of the month, infact one is almost a cup size bigger than the other normally (thankfully its not that noticeable).
I list the smaller size on my portfolio, I do that just incase anybody fails to see their true size in my images and expects me to turn up with massive boobies (which I don't have). I wouldn't put it in my portfolio, I would maybe mention it if I was shooting for a lingerie company but so far in 5 years thats not happened and no shoot has ever happened where my breast size is important to the shoot.

Missie is off-line
03 December 2012 13:30
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

Thanks chrissie. Ive just measured them at 32c which is after two hours of not feeding which is the minimum ill have not fed for before a shoot.

Going by how bra size is calculated the biggest they get is a dd, possibly e but id be getting uncomfortable that point and pop off to the loo to express and lose a cup size lol.

I do like the fuller shape though and have considered continuing to express after boy stops to maintain that. Is that weird? Id feel a bit of a cheat,,

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
03 December 2012 14:03
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

You obviously need help to measure them, I'm not local, but willing to make the journey, to help a fellow site member   (it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it)

Stick a note in your comments section that the cup size is fluctuating due to recent childbirth, I'm sure photographers will understand.
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Chrissie Red is off-line
03 December 2012 14:35
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from gerryquiff

Stick a note in your comments section that the cup size is fluctuating due to recent childbirth, I'm sure photographers will understand.

Some photographers may understand, unfortunately there are quite a few pigs around this place who wrongly believe models are robots. Remember the guy who felt hard done by because a models body dared to come on her period during the shoot - instead of offering her 5 minutes to get herself cleaned up he came home and posted a massive bitch about her on here. There are some disgusting men out there who don't see a bodily functions as being natural. I honestly wouldn't put that information on your portfolio, quite frankly I don't think it has anything at all to do with a photographer and most of them wouldn't know the difference between an A cup and a C cup anyway. If there is something which requires specific bra size then maybe inform them via PM otherwise I wouldn't bother, lets face it if you are doing a clothed shoot (with your own clothes) then you really don't have to explain yourself or your body to them. From experience the only people who actually would give a Chrissie_Red is a naughty person about a slight change in size is either when its for publication/clothing or when they are paying far far to much attention to your boobs in which case would you really want to work with them?

x

Suzy Monty is off-line
03 December 2012 14:42
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Quote from gerryquiff
You obviously need help to measure them, I'm not local, but willing to make the journey, to help a fellow site member   (it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it)

PRICELESS Gerry!

But to be serious regarding OP's question. Every woman's breasts change according to time of month, or The Pill, or eating a bit more than they should - say at Christmas...one can't keep on altering profile measurements everytime that happens... A general note that you are still breast feeding should suffice...When your boobs spill out over bra, don't worry about it - I know some photographers who supply lingerie a size smaller than model's bust measurement, for shoots, just to get that overflowing look...

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Missie is off-line
03 December 2012 14:57
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

Gerry - How generous of you

Very good point at the end there Chrissie.

I've been lucky enough that it's not caused a problem so far.

Suzy - Mine vary by 3 whole cup sizes though haha! I might just start packing different sized bras or something so i'm not uncomfortable. I've gotten in before and screamed in pain peeling off my C cup bra.

It's not that recent either he's 13 months, He just won't bugger off and drink from a cup, and i'm afraid to stop him because he's already aneamic like me and doesn't eat much so i don't want to take more calories off him than i have to.

Plus like i said, the shape is pretty good when they're slightly full. It's like a free, natural boob job!

Suzy Monty is off-line
03 December 2012 15:02
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Toni,

THREE different cup sizes! Goodness, that sounds like a recent bra fitting I had in a shop surpriseThe main point is that you have a lovely look, so maybe the different sizes are a bonus for photographers booking you! Some photographers like big boobs, some like smaller...therefore with YOU, Toni, they get the complete 'different size' package for one shoot session and fee... You might even find yourself in more demand!

And Chrissie's final paragraph? This young lady always speak good sense...but ALL men, I personally think pay too much attention to boob size...They were introduced to breasts at an early age - so they just can't help it.
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Chrissie Red is off-line
03 December 2012 15:16
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from SuzyMonty
Toni,

THREE different cup sizes! Goodness, that sounds like a recent bra fitting I had in a shop surpriseThe main point is that you have a lovely look, so maybe the different sizes are a bonus for photographers booking you! Some photographers like big boobs, some like smaller...therefore with YOU, Toni, they get the complete 'different size' package for one shoot session and fee... You might even find yourself in more demand!

And Chrissie's final paragraph? This young lady always speak good sense...but ALL men, I personally think pay too much attention to boob size...They were introduced to breasts at an early age - so they just can't help it.

This is true, we are surrounded by men who are obsessed with womens breasts. Thankfully I like to be surrounded by the ones who can distance themselves from their "urges" or primitave instincts.

Missie is off-line
03 December 2012 15:19
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

Yeah lol, Normally they're a c, When they get really full they go up to about a DD.

Thankyou

Lol you should have seen me when i had my first... i went to bed a C and woke up not fitting into a DD. The best part was sitting with my then partners mother, who is a jehovahs witness, very devout. Her face when my best mate walked in and i jumped up and shouted "CRISSY OMG COME AND FEEL MY BOOBS THEYRE ROCK HARD".

My son is a bit boob mad. He slaps them if they're not delivering the goods fast enough. He also seems to believe he can crawl off with them!

12 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Argentiq FirstLifePhotography Fluffypup George99 keltica martinchristie photostevo redtail Ross85 scottmcccxiv Thunder_Photos TinDolls