This thread is being watched by 2 people
Laurence Power is off-line
02 December 2012 13:31
LaurenceJPower
Photographer
LaurenceJPower
Surrey
Esher

Having got clause 43 removed two years ago it's back on the table again. We all need to write to write to our MPs to complain. Last time this came up I did some standard letters on my website

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/bills/lbill/2012-2013/0045/lbill_2012-20130045_en_8.htm#pt6-pb1-l1g65

This is the actual draft legislation

www.powerimage.co.uk/petitioncopyright.doc

http://www.powerimage.co.uk/petitioncopyright2.doc

these are links to the draft letter used last time, get out ther and write your complaint don't let them get away with it.

Moderator Input : Previous topic from 2010
2010 Update on Copyright Legislation / Digital Economy Bill

Laurence J. Power

Dave Laurie is off-line
02 December 2012 13:44
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Lancashire
Preston

.....but it's not called Clause 43 anymore?
Maybe having it under a different number next time around makes it harder to spot, meaning less people are likely to notice, therefore they won't (can't) protest?
Or is that too cynical an outlook?

Dave.

Andy Johnstone is off-line
02 December 2012 14:52
photomane9
Photographer
photomane9
London
Bexleyheath

Clause 66 of the Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill to which Laurence linked may appear at first sight to be Clause 43 brought back to life, but closer inspection will show you that it is not intended to give the Secretary of State the same sweeping powers to amend the CDPA that Clause 43 would have done. In fact its sole purpose is to allow the Minister to bring into UK law new EU directives concerning copyright, in such a way that the penalties from infringement under UK law are not watered down, which would be the case if the European Communities Act 1972 alone was used as the authority to make such changes. 
As far as orphan works are concerned (see Clause 68 in the above link) we already have an EU Directive on this, so the principle is established. The important thing is that UK law should not make the implications of orphan work licensing more severe than the Directive requires. We won't know the detail about this until the secondary legislation has been drafted. However it is known that the UK position proposes to allow a greater role for purely commercial players, whereas the EU Directive limits the bodies authorised to exploit their holdings of orphan works to institutions such as museums, libraries, archives and public service broadcasters.
Also, since the Bill has passed through the Commons, there is little to be gained by writing to your MP now. If anyone feels the need to lobby Parliament, then I suggest they contact a member of the House of Lords who is taking an active role in scrutinising the Bill. My suggestion would be Lord Clement-Jones.

Craig Stevens is off-line
29 April 2013 04:48
cstevens
Photographer
cstevens
Nottinghamshire
Worksop/Sheffield/Lincoln and surrounding areas

[ merged ]
Copyright Changes everyone needs to be aware!

This is a worldwide change, and effects everyone who shows their photos online!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/04/29/err_act_landgrab/

Now is a good time to not only check your exif data but also now time to start watermarking

Pete Whelan is off-line
29 April 2013 05:31
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

but why?
www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

Paul Hodson is off-line
29 April 2013 05:37
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Cos my images are so bloody good everybody will steal them!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Megan Reynolds is off-line
29 April 2013 05:54
LadylikeMedia
Photographer
LadylikeMedia
Bristol
Bristol

I think this will affect artists most, technically if someone 'found' your images online and couldn't trace them back to you they could sell them on tshirts/prints etc with no consequences...

Thankfully it won't be so easy with my paysite images as you still need proof of age on file if you are selling adult content. Phew.

Barney Douglas is off-line
01 May 2013 15:33
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
West Sussex
Worthing

Copyright theft by the UK government

I'd urge everyone to pass this link on and sign the petition. This doesn't just effect professional creatives, but everyone in the UK could be taken advantage of unknowingly.

"Simplicity in Photography for over 25 Years"

Laurence Power is off-line
01 May 2013 17:56
LaurenceJPower
Photographer
LaurenceJPower
Surrey
Esher

Thanks for resurrecting this thread.
Laurence J. Power

Brian Southam Photography is online
08 May 2013 13:31
Brian2008
Photographer

Buckinghamshire
High Wycombe

Stop Legalised Theft of Copyrighted Works

submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/49422

37 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexa_Fierce92 chosin DareMeDD ElleLaura
ad360photo antoinewynn bbphotos Brian2008 carshaltonkev ChrisD Development digitalmood dirkus donaldmac Essexjohn hylander iDubai2018 Kimily Kjoservices Look_Sharp maozhu Mike103 mlp monochromeset nigel peteb poah redbaron Rhadamanthus rod_m99 Shootonlocation stephenmuddell steveh32 Swyftie thelook thestarglider zzdigital