Extra's work

Ratana Rose is off-line
09 December 2012 08:04
RattusRock
Model
RattusRock
County Durham
durham

i've done quite a few free lance, but its true dont expect to make money in extra-ing (only in films though) it much more a hobbies thing

the only one i've ever been paid for was street dance and that didn't cover the travel and hostel cost to go film it

its fun though, meet good people, the runners are always lovely, you meet great actors (ive even shot a scene with Terrance Stamp alongside meeting the actors in the films) but its very long days for travel expenses basically, and sometimes you show up get messed around for days and then get dropped

it can be quite depressing though when you work your ass off for days and get 1 second of air time lol if your lucky, if not you get cut all together (which in some cases is infuriating)

not to mention when your expected to travel the length of the country for free to sit a casting with 200 people that your hardly likely to get - im not rich enough for that lol

Dave Laurie is off-line
09 December 2012 09:07
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Lancashire
Preston

Quote from Follyhouse
Was it Muppets On Crack?

Oh, so close......... But no cigar this time, sorry.

Dave.
p.s. I may not be around to reply for while...... I'll be busy on the ImDb site searching for Muppets On Crack. Honestly, I probably will. I'm that daft!

09 December 2012 13:29
Maloby
Photographer

Quote from RattusRock
to sit a casting with 200 people that your hardly likely to get

I would have thought that models would be last choice in a line-up of extras. As they are either too distractingly shapely or pretty to blend into the background. And I can’t imagine the leading ladies being too keen in extras that rival them in looks or figure.  

David Heels is off-line
09 December 2012 15:54
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Quote from deetvstudio
 "Name That Film". And no Googling Cast Lists!

The Libertine.

I think I might be the only person alive, who actually watched it.

More fool me.

Dave

David Heels is off-line
09 December 2012 15:55
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

I've employed extras, and been an extra.

Take a book.

Dave

09 December 2012 21:29
FetishChavLad
Model

Quote from ShootonLocation
Based in Stafford and Manchester

http://www.7casting.co.uk/

I have a friend who has worked with them in Coronation Street

But dont expect to get rich as your travelling costs can wipe out your fee if you are a distance from tv studios

Good luck

Paul

This agency charges 70 pounds for photographs!!!

Dave Laurie is off-line
10 December 2012 04:44
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Lancashire
Preston

Quote from Crippen
The Libertine.

I think I might be the only person alive, who actually watched it.

More fool me.

And the cigar goes to.........

Well done Dave!
For getting the answer right I mean.
Not for watching it.

I should point out though, your assertion that you might be the only person alive who watched it must be incorrect.
At least I hope it is. Otherwise I have snuffed it and nobody has bothered to tell me.

As for the film, well it could've/should've been good. I researched the lead character first, the script looked good enough, and must have looked good to John Malkovich also as he was backing it with some of his own hard-earned cash.
Plus, with Johnny Depp in the lead role, you'd have thought so....... Maybe it was just too dark a tale for his adoring fans?

Quote from Crippen
I've employed extras, and been an extra.

It looks like I have too. At least that's what the IMDb says, and that's all that matters!
Maybe I should be shouting louder about that............
I'm sure it would be useful as a marketing tool.
a.k.a. "Facts" to wave in models' faces to win friends and influence them.

A.n.Other Dave.

Dave Laurie is off-line
10 December 2012 04:46
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Lancashire
Preston

Quote from FetishChavLad
This agency charges 70 pounds for photographs!!!

Ouch!
Or even OUCH!

Well pointed out though.......

Dave.

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Ashleighmckenzie Chloejade25 LunaDaze
ajsphotography Argentiq bbphotos colinpierce djb1 dorrian eyecandiphotography frankfoto geoffmarchant GSC4X James7799 john_at_tina_spice Kjoservices lenscape mauricesimagery mike0048 nik300 ron rscott360 siclews stevegosh steveh32 thelook vapourtrail vincent Willjamieson