A topic for the girlies only :)

Ratana Rose is off-line
09 December 2012 16:33
RattusRock
Model
RattusRock
County Durham
durham

my boyfriend has suggested i have one, ive been in hospital recently with sepsis and an infection thats lasted a month and a half despite being blasted with 5 major antibiotics, they have removed my appendix, scanned my ovaries, preformed an exploitative laposcopy of my liver, x-rayed my lungs and chest... although i was pretty sure it was my already damaged kidney (my right kidney has been scarred for 12 year due to septicemia when i was young) but for the last 3 weeks ive developed bleeding (only light more like constant pregnancy spotting but im defiantly not pregnant it would of showed in in any of the blood and urine test or on the scans and x-rays) now it sort of got me worried about the 3 lumps ive been ignoring for 2 years, but previously every time i mentioned it doctors shook me off making an appointment for Tuesday as i have to go to uni tomorrow (or risk being kicked out from being off so much)

10 December 2012 03:03
River
Model

Ratana- definately go and get checked. One of my fellow student-nurse friends is on the Gynecology ward at Addenbrookes and keeps telling me how lovely every single doctor and nurse is. By the sounds of it, its just not Addenbrookes whose staff are really nice! They'll make you feel at ease, and although, like Claire said, it's not the most dignified or comfortable procedure, its well worth getting checked out!
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

Hannah Ashlea is off-line
10 December 2012 03:39
HannahAshlea
Model
HannahAshlea
Northamptonshire
Northampton

I would also like to say how important the smear test is. I had my first at 19, after requesting it on the advice of my mother because of some issues. Thankfully, all was ok, but I have also had the 'abnormal' result. It's important to note that cervical cancer is pretty silent; you can't not go for the smear and hope you notice the symptoms in time, the smear is the single best way to catch any early signs. The smear may be uncomfortable, but cancer is always going to be worse than 5 minutes of embarrassment and discomfort.

If you're ever invited to any kind of screening test, go! Population screening procedures aren't passed by the *whoever passes these things* unless they are shown to increase the likelihood of catching the disease early AND that catching it earlier leads to a higher survival rate from the disease, amongst other things. Don't think it's just a "we'll screen everyone and hope for the best" approach, it really isn't. Screening programmes exist for a reason
Professional Fashion, Latex and Nude model ~ Brunette ~ Freckles ~ www.hannahashlea.blogspot.com

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Claretberet danixhale ElleLaura Emmaheron Genevil hazel_rose LucasJacques missloulou
ad360photo antoinewynn Auctioneer bob22 digitizer frank4 GSC4X guitarman jwd1 Ladiesman mghphoto MIB peterh rscott360 Snooper911 Steveh32 xposed