Annoyance

This thread is currently locked
Celia Grey is off-line
26 November 2012 15:15
CeliaGrey
Model

Worcestershire
Worcester

A photographer friend of mine who owns a studio tried to get accepted on here the other day.
Apparently having 1600 sq ft of studio space, split over three shooting areas (albeit only 2 in use at the moment), available to hire 24/7 - with or without studio lighting -doesn't qualify as a 'professional studio' and therefore his Purestorm studio profile has been refused.
I personally have had a shoot in this studio, as have many others. It is a completely professional studio, run by a great guy and it is bigger, (it's freaking massive), better, and has many more options than others I have seen on here.

SO - my question is - WHY.

His appeal has been met by rude responses so maybe some answers here.

I will probably be kicked off for daring to speak up but this is quite frankly ridiculous and insane.
Answers on a postcard please.

Full Circle Studio is off-line
26 November 2012 15:45
Full_Circle_Studio
Studio
Full_Circle_Studio
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Because as you will find Purestorm is not a democracy!

And this may answer your question.

http://www.purestorm.com/forum/readThread.aspx?id=247975

matt is a moderatorPlatinum Member
26 November 2012 15:52
matt
Peacemaker
matt
East Sussex
Brighton

Quote from CeliaGrey

I will probably be kicked off for daring to speak up but this is quite frankly ridiculous and insane.

We don't kick people of for 'daring to speak up'.
Without knowing who you are refering to I can't say why he was refused however there are a number of reasons why a studio might not be accepted and I can assure you that things are not always as black and white as you may think.
If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

Purestorm is off-line
26 November 2012 15:52
Purestorm
Photographer

East Sussex

There is no absolute right to a Purestorm profile in any category.
Each application is judged on its merits.

G06 ~§~ Joining As A Photographic Hire Studio ~§~

Huw Lloyd-Jones is off-line
26 November 2012 16:26
Full_Moon
Photographer

Gloucestershire

That'll be my application for a profile for Full Moon Studio, then.

Matt - you may not kick people off for "daring to speak up" but you do avoid direct questions and hide behind "official" replies when such direct questions are posed (so not individual merit at all, I'm afraid). I have asked the admin team what I needed to do to reinforce/supplement my application and have received no answer other than a 'round robin' email saying Purestorm were tightening up on applications. Not helpful.

I've been a huge fan of Purestorm for years and have promoted my profile here when many of my contemporaries have switched to the 'other' site. I am feeling very, very disillusioned right now.

And thank you Celia for taking up the cause!

WebModerator is a moderator
26 November 2012 16:32
WebModerator
West Sussex
Brighton

If the Studio application in question is the one for 'Full Moon Studios' the applicant was
given from 19th October until 23rd November to convince the Approvals Panel that the
application had been made for a business trading as a permanent Photographic Hire Studio.
When after a month the reasonable requests to show this was a functioning studio had not been met
and after no further studio images had been uploaded since the four intitial ones on 5th November
the Approvals Panel rejected the application.
Guidance for Photographer members in the Studio Hire business who wish to register a profile:-
~§~ Joining As A Photographic Hire Studio ~§~

26 November 2012 16:48
Full_Moon
Photographer

Gloucestershire

What's the point of a forum for discussion if the admins simply lock threads that don't follow the Purestorm corporate line?

WebModerator is a moderator
26 November 2012 16:58
WebModerator
West Sussex
Brighton

The thread was temporarily Locked to allow a considered response to points raised above
after the situation had been looked into to ensure we had the full facts on hand.

26 November 2012 17:02
Full_Moon
Photographer

Gloucestershire

Blimey - this is getting confusing! This was another thread a moment ago.

Fact is, the images I first uploaded WERE poor and of insufficient quality and I accepted that but, contrary to the WebModerator's post above, I have since updated the images with more appropriate pics. I would like to say when but the "awaiting approval" profile has now been replaced with a "suspended" profile, so I can't quote any history.

Moderator Input
All Admin Alerts can be read by going to the Inbox of the account in question.

26 November 2012 17:12
AbiHillModel
Model

Quote from CeliaGrey
A photographer friend of mine who owns a studio tried to get accepted on here the other day.
Apparently having 1600 sq ft of studio space, split over three shooting areas (albeit only 2 in use at the moment), available to hire 24/7 - with or without studio lighting -doesn't qualify as a 'professional studio' and therefore his Purestorm studio profile has been refused.
I personally have had a shoot in this studio, as have many others. It is a completely professional studio, run by a great guy and it is bigger, (it's freaking massive), better, and has many more options than others I have seen on here.

SO - my question is - WHY.

His appeal has been met by rude responses so maybe some answers here.

It took them over a year to accept that several years shooting, paid jobs and good shots that met the requirements were up to their standards for me to have a model profile.

It actually took a VERY strongly worded email to get them to even tell me my profile had been denied in the first place, can't remember being told what was wrong with it and they were rude when I contacted them to tell them it was ready for re-submission.

In the end, I gave up, deleted, re-registered with my professional email address and a ton of stuff about Simply Be/Reveal in my profile, and got accepted straight away.
http://www.wix.com/abihill/official

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
amber6 Astramore fashion29 SuzyMonty tanyacox
63jian Add_barkaway andrewmoon bdj2454 chicimages dby47 diphoto djb1 fannmore firststudiouk frankpht Impulse_Images jackw johndt Ladiesman peteb philcarpenter61 SteveMFT STUDIOMERLIN xcellent
Charlottealom