Promo modelling advice

Missie is off-line
25 November 2012 16:13
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

A girl i know used to do quite a bit of promotional work at (What i think is, But have never been, I just used to keep my horse near there) a nightclub, That also hosts car and motorbike events. I really like to look of it and it looks really fun and i'd love to get into it, But i've no idea how.

I did a quick google but everything i came across seemed a bit.. Well, Dodgy, But then, I'm not quite sure what exactly i'm looking for - So i may just be completely wrong.

Any advice? How do i get into it, signs they are/not legit (Assuming there are any signs specific to this area of work, aside from the common sense stuff).

Thanks in advance

"[Toni] has a short fuse when it comes to stupidity"

Charlotte Daintelle is off-line
25 November 2012 18:19
CharlotteML
Model

Essex
Southend On Sea

Hi there,

I have done car club shoots in the past, check out my profile for a couple of photos. It's quite easy to get into really once you find out who is the club owner. Best idea is to ask them what their group/club is called and search them on Facebook as most clubs have their own Facebook account these days. Then obviously message the group and the owner will get back to you. I'm sure if you search modified/cruise/cruisers on Facebook with your town/city/county it will come up with a few results.

Usually you have to wear black as it goes with all colour cars and crop top/vest top with shorts or leggings is pretty much universal for all clubs. Some clubs offer a uniform (printed leggings or top with the club name on) but in my experience you only get offered if you stick around with them for a while.

Promo girls are often needed for static meets (parked up), big cruises and photoshoot meets on the odd occasion. It's not a glamourousl job standing around in something skimpy in freezing cold weather being ogled at my blokes but its part of the job. Once you get into a good club you can make a lot of friends and weekend national car shows at racetracks are really good fun!

Good luck hope this helps

25 November 2012 18:35
catherine_s
Model

Hey,

I do promo work a lot when not modelling or acting, and most of it is definitely not dodgy I promise! I've never done any car or motorbike stuff but I have seen it advertised. There is a great group on Facebook called Promo Fos it was set up by a guy who has worked in promo for years and now has 1000s of members. My advice would be to join it and take a look at the agencies that advertise work in your area and contact them directly. Grid girls and pitlane promotions are two agencies off the top of my head.

Feel free to pm of you need any advice

Missie is off-line
25 November 2012 18:45
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

Catherine - Oh i didn't mean the work sounded dodgy, I meant the things i was getting on search engines - Dodgy sounding 'agencies' etc.

Thanks ladies

Della Lashes is off-line
25 November 2012 19:56
DellaJo
Model
DellaJo
London
London

Oi hun I do promo modelling with a promotions agency called Envisage promotions and its brill. You are more open to the public, it increases your confidence and communication skills. You also get the opportunity to travel around in the uk and wear amazing uniforms for what you promote. Watch out though because wherever you go doing promotional work, you can get a horrible approach by few of the public with their dishonoured manner. (Even though you get that in every job!! lmao!!)

gerda.m.model is off-lineSilver Member
26 November 2012 02:38
gerda_babbii
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
gerda_babbii
Norfolk
Kings Lynn

Quote from DellaJo
Oi hun I do promo modelling with a promotions agency called Envisage promotions and its brill. You are more open to the public, it increases your confidence and communication skills. You also get the opportunity to travel around in the uk and wear amazing uniforms for what you promote. Watch out though because wherever you go doing promotional work, you can get a horrible approach by few of the public with their dishonoured manner. (Even though you get that in every job!! lmao!!)

+1 to Envisage, Im with them and they do actually offer you work! Not so much for me as not much goes on in my area but still get a few offers a month or so which is better than anyone else ive been with.
Good Luck!
www.gerdamodelling.weebly.com

Missie is off-line
26 November 2012 08:33
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

Thanks girls, I've just gone on their website and applied
And i found a bloke who organises car shows etc in my area who im talking to

26 November 2012 15:43
JennyWren
Model
This member has been reset to pending

Hey, I'm not a promo-girl, but I am a petrol head and would probably be in one of the cars! I'm a long way away from you - BUT - if you google Maxolen, and give them a call. They are a car products company (shampoos, wax etc) based in the North who do the rounds at car shows and have promo girls. The owner/boss man is called Chris Powell. Tell him Jenny Wren from Facebook sent you!
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

Missie is off-line
26 November 2012 15:52
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

Thankyou Jenny

Missie is off-line
26 November 2012 15:55
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

Do i just ring the number on the website and ask for him?

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Hann kacie Kerrylou Kitty_1 RoxyMendez Winterlilly
2bridgesphotography bob22 copperbronze Don_Dark duncanjames ellessephotography firsttake Funder005 hjphoto humphries mlp nickdandalos parafotos siclews trouble72