This thread is being watched by 1 person
Matt Harper is off-line
24 November 2012 05:05
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

Spend a day on here, go through the Recent Images and when you see a picture of the style you like, look who took it. If it is a model, you can usually see who took it, either by a link on the picture or seeing who she has recently worked with. By looking at the photographer's portfolio, you can usually see if they have been published.
Once you have found a few photographers producing what you like, contact them, asking or even begging for a shoot, you can offer TF or syndication, but be sure if you do syndication, that you have a signed agreement saying you will be paid if any of the pictures sell. Most photographers find it hard turning down a pretty face and a nice body.
You might get a knock-back or two, but that's life, just move on to the next one.

Also, do a photographer search, the paid members will come up first and generally speaking, the ones most suited to what you are looking for will be paid members.

It is also the case that those who have had their images published, already have contact with someone who gets them published, be that an agent or someone working at the publication. There are lots of photographers on here producing pictures far better than you might see in the rags, but they either don't bother or can't get to someone that matters.

Paul Hodson is off-line
24 November 2012 05:26
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from mattharper
Once you have found a few photographers producing what you like, contact them, asking or even begging for a shoot, you can offer TF or syndication, but be sure if you do syndication, that you have a signed agreement saying you will be paid if any of the pictures sell. 

And before you do - make sure you read their profile so you know the way they work.  Makinhg clear that you have done this is a good idea - as is referring to the images you like so they don't think you have just spammed the whole world!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Matt Harper is off-line
24 November 2012 05:43
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

Quote from mph
And before you do - make sure you read their profile so you know the way they work.  Makinhg clear that you have done this is a good idea - as is referring to the images you like so they don't think you have just spammed the whole world!

Excellent point, there is nothing worse than getting a message you know has been copied and pasted to every Tom, Dick and Harry.

24 November 2012 05:59
barone
Photographer

Good advice from all.....From me....Start again, look at the folios of models you like & up your game...
Next Model Day...23rd March 2014...http://purpleport.com/portfolio/angie...Interested?...Ask me for details.

Philip Hartley is off-line
24 November 2012 16:27
ph_oto
Photographer
ph_oto
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

Quote from barone
Good advice from all.....From me....Start again, look at the folios of models you like & up your game...

cheeky

Say what you Mean and Mean what you Say

pollypocket is off-line
26 November 2012 07:35
pollypocket22
Model
pollypocket22
South Yorkshire
barnsley south yorkshire

thanks for all you help and advise and to the last message? can you inbox me as a dont recall this sorry x
how to become sucessful i am getting some new picture taken tuesday and really want todo well as i am 24 now and not getting any younger any advice welcome?? thank you <3

28 November 2012 04:38
andybramahphotograph
Photographer

Pay a damn good photographer to give you a handful of stunning images.
This in turn will attract the better photographers.
Regards-Andy Bramah.
www.photographerpreston.com
i love faces and images that make me want to see more.

KHV is off-line
28 November 2012 10:51
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

I just had a look at your shots, and they all have that "Sunday Sport" look.

Perhaps a change of image?

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Faye QueenDeeVa01
Camerawerks caretaker2012 ElegantCaptures gerry99111 James7799 LGI Matt1988 philippahh Puremoods Sp_digital Stevew1 studio1910 tms two_stops