This thread is being watched by 1 person
pollypocket is off-line
22 November 2012 13:53
pollypocket22
Model
pollypocket22
South Yorkshire
barnsley south yorkshire

i have a photo shoot tuesday excited but what else can i do to get more work? wether it be paid or snydicate so i can get publication am 24 now and feel ive hardly done anything with my modelling apart from odd bits here and there advice welcome from models and togs thank you <3
how to become sucessful i am getting some new picture taken tuesday and really want todo well as i am 24 now and not getting any younger any advice welcome?? thank you <3

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
22 November 2012 14:49
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Start contributing on the forums, where members will probably look at your portfolio.

Put up a casting call. It will have to be TFCD/TCP as you currently have a free account.

Pay £2.99 per month and you can post castings for paid work. (PLUS ALL the other features that arrive when you upgrade smiley)

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

David Heels is off-line
22 November 2012 15:08
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Add a decent headshot to your portfolio.

Try some different looks - not just cheesy glamour.

Try some different hair styles.

Try some different expressions.

Perhaps add a nude or topless shot to your portfolio (if you want nude or topless bookings).

Contact some local photographers. On the whole, we're a friendly bunch.

Speak to local models. Find out all the gossip. Find out who has work going.

And as Gerry said, contribute to the forums. Get yourself noticed.

Good luck
Dave

Gerry is off-line
22 November 2012 15:58
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Try putting some bigger size images on your port - most are tiny in size and make you look like a newbie. You need your port to make you look like an established model - have a look at others ports that are getting regular work and in the areas you want to shoot.

You should get more interest then - also as has been said above - market yourself and when you have updated your port, consider upgrading so you can put up paid castings
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Larna is off-line
22 November 2012 16:21
sibleydbest
Model
sibleydbest
Hampshire

i post for work 2 -3 times a week i get about 4 paid shoots but be picky who you are working with ask them if they have twitter and if so add them i find face book is good as well hope this helps

Chrissie Red is off-line
23 November 2012 06:18
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Never heard of twitter being a good place for sourcing work, I generally only accept bookings on purestorm or another reputable website and ensue all communications have been conducted via the site incase of any mishaps or foul play.

WebModerator is a moderator
23 November 2012 06:35
WebModerator
West Sussex
Brighton

Quote from Chrissie_Red
I generally only accept bookings on purestorm or another reputable website and ensue all communications have been conducted via the site incase of any mishaps or foul play.

This is sage advice. Many of the biggest problems our model members raise concern shoots
generated through Social Networking  or Open Door / Anything Goes websites where often the
model may not be dealing with a genuine person or even the person she believes them to be.
No site can guarantee 100% safety but there is usually more security on heavily managed sites
where the moderators are more able to verify and take action against serious problem users

Alan Johnson is off-line
23 November 2012 07:12
Alan_Jay
Photographer
Alan_Jay
South Yorkshire

Some good advice already.
I suggest you revamp your profile completely.  It has very little in it at present to attract photographers.  
You only have two reasonably sized images,  the others are too small to be of any use.  
The text looks like it was done on a mobile phone and uploaded.  Nothing wrong per se,  but it doesn't 'read' very well and so doesn't help your cause.  You say you've been in Nuts,  then later say you want to appear in Nuts.  
Some of the comments have the potential to put some photographers off.  Think about what you want to say and then how best to say it.   e.g. You say that 'you know alot about modelling'.  This I suspect means that you have experience,  yet could be interpreted as you know it all.

Have a look at some other profiles, then yours and think about it from a photographer's perspective,  do you sell yourself or just have a profile?
A model profile is your 'shop window',  it needs to be attractive, answer all, or at least most, of the common questions and it needs to show you off at your best.

The text is your opportunity to give details about yourself and  show that you are really interested and enthusiastic about the work you do.

The images are your way of showing what you look like of course,  but also what you can do and how well you can do it.
By using the tiny images you are a. wasting your allowance and b. sublimally suggesting that you are not very good.  That is,  they may be seen as a way of hiding bad details which would be noticed in normal sized images.

Paying to upgrade membership is always one of those chicken and egg situations,  I'd suggest that you try it for a few months and you will likely see that it is worth it.  Do it monthly to start and you can alwasy stop if it doesn't work out.

Before you advertise,  be sure that you have a really good, strong portfolio.  
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a motorbike and that's pretty close! :o)

andyh is off-line
24 November 2012 03:20
andy_h
Photographer
andy_h
Lancashire
Lancaster

Quote from Gerry99111
Try putting some bigger size images on your port

I was just looking at your portfolio (OP) and thought the same as this
www.andyh.info/blog.php

Rupert Rudd is off-line
24 November 2012 04:11
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

Try replying to those photographers (me),that offer you paid shoots. Even to say no thank you, too far away, not my style, or whatever. You may well get that paid shoot, some better pictures and a reference on your page.
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

15 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
kacie Kaymcc25 kkoch
analog boc david1500 dorrian Jamesrichards kingfisher lenspoynter MIB mike0048 MrDL Vinceb
matt