This thread is being watched by 1 person
Bill Haley is off-lineSilver Member
21 November 2012 15:19
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Hampshire
Portsmouth

I hate that spinning beach ball thing with a passion.
How hard can it be?

21 November 2012 18:03
nicoleeee
Model

It's both on here and purpleport that I'm having an issue. I don't even get to select which file I want, or even get an option of where to choose the photo from, literally just clicking on "find file" sends it into a frenzy so how do you all upload photos if you have the same problem??
looking for creative minds in the south west, message me if that sounds like you!

Ammonite Creative is off-line
22 November 2012 07:20
ammonitecreative
Photographer

North Yorkshire
Whitby

Do you mean when you are clicking 'Choose Image' it is going into a frenzy or when the choose image window drops down you click in the Search bar?

mikey is off-lineGold Member
22 November 2012 15:23
yekim
Photographer
yekim
Merseyside
Liverpool, Manchester

How many photos did you choose and how big are each photo? Sounds like you are trying to upload a lot of photos in one go.

26 November 2012 07:27
nicoleeee
Model

I haven't chosen any photos, it freezes before that point! I click upload image and then click "find file" or whatever it says (which is before it opens the window with all my photo options) and then just dies on me. I don't even get to choose where I want to pick my photo from - so I don't even think it's iphotos fault!
looking for creative minds in the south west, message me if that sounds like you!

Ammonite Creative is off-line
29 November 2012 13:12
ammonitecreative
Photographer

North Yorkshire
Whitby

This is nothing to do with iphoto. When you click 'findfile' this activates the finders search function and it will 'wake' all drives and start a quick index of any connected devices, on our macpro when you click find file it whirls up all of the 4 HDD,s plus any network drives and server HDD's as it is getting ready for you to type the first letter of your search / click a folder etc. Things that may help: Remove any memory cards or external HDD attached to Mac Reset Safari: Menu: Safari> Reset Safari... Check you are using up to date flash, usually the cause of image upload faults for Facebook Check your crash logs and it will tell you which application is causing the crash. Google for a how to.

14 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment chosin pinklilly YolandeLee001
Blancho duncanjames john_at_tina_spice liteangle oro redtail RenedeHaan shadowtime74 steveh32
harbourstudio