Reminder Secure

MacBook Pro HELP!

This thread is being watched by 1 person
20 November 2012 21:59
nicoleeee
Model

I have a new macbook pro and am having a few difficulties uploading photos. I am not very good with technology and don't know the correct terms so please excuse my ignorance...

When I try to upload a photo I click on find file, this sends my laptop into a frenzy where the coloured circle thing spins round like mad and then safari freezes and I have to force quit the programme. No matter how many times I reopen safari and try again it just does the same thing. I can upload pictures to facebook so I don't understand why this is happening. If anyone could help I would be hugely grateful!!

Thanks

Nicole
looking for creative minds in the south west, message me if that sounds like you!

Chrissie Red is off-line
21 November 2012 03:16
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Watching this one, I have the same problems with facebook and uploading images!

HowardJ is off-line
21 November 2012 03:27
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Google is your friend

21 November 2012 03:47
wasper
Photographer

Quote from nicoleeee
I have a new macbook pro and am having a few difficulties uploading photos. I am not very good with technology and don't know the correct terms so please excuse my ignorance...

When I try to upload a photo I click on find file, this sends my laptop into a frenzy where the coloured circle thing spins round like mad and then safari freezes and I have to force quit the programme. No matter how many times I reopen safari and try again it just does the same thing. I can upload pictures to facebook so I don't understand why this is happening. If anyone could help I would be hugely grateful!!

Thanks

Nicole

Download Firefox & see if its still do the same problem. If yes then take it to the Apple store & book a session with the Genius guys to give you a sound advise.

Chrissie Red is off-line
21 November 2012 03:50
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from HowardJ
Google is your friend

Is it?
I just had a quick browse and found..

This  -
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-apps-games/257896-uploading-pics-facebook.html
(not helpful)

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4105440?start=0&tstart=0
(again not helpful)

So first two - don't really tell me google is my friend
I did find another one which mentions Iphoto, I bloody hate using Iphoto.
It used to work fine for me, seems to be a recent'ish issue for me so I have trouble believing its all because I don't use Iphoto.
Or is it not connected to Iphoto at all?

Its easy to say "google is your friend" but shifting through all the Chrissie_Red is a naughty person takes longer than just asking somebody who actually has had the issue and knows how to get rid of it.

digineil is off-line
21 November 2012 06:58
digineil
Photographer
digineil
Staffordshire

Where are you trying to upload the photos ?    Is it to Pure Storm or another site ?   

digineil is off-line
21 November 2012 07:04
digineil
Photographer
digineil
Staffordshire

Quote from Chrissie_Red

I did find another one which mentions Iphoto, I bloody hate using Iphoto.
It used to work fine for me, seems to be a recent'ish issue for me so I have trouble believing its all because I don't use Iphoto.
Or is it not connected to Iphoto at all?

I  have been using Mac since 2005 and agree i photo is best avoided.    

Nick Atkins is off-lineGold Member
21 November 2012 07:37
NATKINS
Photographer
NATKINS
Oxfordshire

Is all your software up to date?
I've taken a vow of poverty - if you really want to annoy me, send money.

Chrissie Red is off-line
21 November 2012 11:58
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from digineil
I  have been using Mac since 2005 and agree i photo is best avoided.    

Yes, I'm really not a fan of it. 
All the suggestions online I have seen however mention opening pictures in I-photo and copying them over when you are uploading.

Its strange I can't remember my uploads always being so difficult, its facebook mainly where my problem is also.
Like Nicolee mentions things freeze - when it does work you don't have any other options than to "post photos" usually there is a screen there which you can title the images and arrange but that screen doesn't come anymore.

Sounds silly but the way it seems to work for me is to know exactly where the file is I want to upload, any clicking anywhere else in the box or outside of the upload box breaks safari. Once its broken it takes a couple of minutes to actually be able to re-start again.

andyh is off-line
21 November 2012 15:03
andy_h
Photographer
andy_h
Lancashire
Lancaster

My Macbook does this too, it does it in Finder as well. I found that if I went into Finder, clicked View / Show View Options and unticked Browse in List View and changed the preview size to small that I didnt get the spinny wheel of doom either in Finder or in a browser
www.andyh.info/blog.php

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
apriluk fashion29 onyx_gem
ad360photo fannmore FlyingShot GerryS2 GH46 Ladiesman MIB moorlane oz_4 pafriend pc9 Peter_d_photography peterh philippahh rembrandt siclews