This thread is being watched by 1 person
Henry is off-lineSilver Member
18 November 2012 20:15
Henry_Artist
Photographer
Henry_Artist
Lancashire
Blackpool

I can think of at least one model who got signed with an agency who has similar stats to the OP.

Unfortunately, she isn't on PureStorm and we are not allowed to say which site she is on.
However, I think it's safe to say her agency got her a booking with N-Photo magazine and she can be seen in the September 2012 issue. So keep applying to agencies.

When it comes to selecting images to send to agents, pictures of what you really look like with no make-up are more use to them than anything else.
I may as well do it. I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
19 November 2012 03:38
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from Renton
I'm afraid your perfect for glamour, you might hate it but you could make very good money and it can open a lot of doors.

I'm not trying to be contrary, but I don't get the whole "perfect for glamour" thing or "you can make very good money and it can open a lot of doors".

The OP has stated she is not interested in glamour and in reality if she chose that road, she would do fine at internet level, but would be very unlikely to make much of an impression off model sites.

Take adult and the channels out of the equation, there is no money on glamour and its more likely to close doors than open them.

The money is in commercial jobs, even lower level commercial jobs pay much more than most adult jobs and a commercial model will probably make more from one decent job than the average glamour model will make in 3 months.

Its worth the OP persisting though, its highly unlikely she will get signed by a good commercial agency, but who knows, it may be that she is exactly what someone is looking for at a particular time. Sometimes its about persistance and luck...there is no chance of getting signed if they dont know about you, thats for sure.
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

Renton is off-line
19 November 2012 05:01
Renton
Photographer
Renton
London

Quote from IainT

I'm not trying to be contrary, but I don't get the whole "perfect for glamour" thing or "you can make very good money and it can open a lot of doors".

The OP has stated she is not interested in glamour and in reality if she chose that road, she would do fine at internet level, but would be very unlikely to make much of an impression off model sites.

Take adult and the channels out of the equation, there is no money on glamour and its more likely to close doors than open them.

The money is in commercial jobs, even lower level commercial jobs pay much more than most adult jobs and a commercial model will probably make more from one decent job than the average glamour model will make in 3 months.

Its worth the OP persisting though, its highly unlikely she will get signed by a good commercial agency, but who knows, it may be that she is exactly what someone is looking for at a particular time. Sometimes its about persistance and luck...there is no chance of getting signed if they dont know about you, thats for sure.

I take your point, I will freely admit I know little to nothing about the glamour side of things and nothing at all about adult. I have however had the pleasure of working on films and editorial shoots with some top glamour models and chatted to them about the industry, almost to a person they said it opened doors for them and they would not be the relative success that they were if it wasn't for Page3 and FHM style work. At the end of the day everyone has a choice to make about the direction they want their career to head, I still haven't given up my dream of playing professional football but realise at 34 time (and talent) is running out.

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
19 November 2012 06:04
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

At least you received a reply turning you down Angelique, - so few bother these days, you hear absolutely nothing, - both frustrating and disappointing.

19 November 2012 07:22
AbiHillModel
Model

Quote from angelique110
Alright thanks guys for your contributions
I don't really think glamour is for me,
Stuff in nuts, front and things like that.. really not for me.
I love doing tasteful glamour like on my portfolio but I more enjoy fashion/arty sides of modelling.
I think I'll just keep trying and trying to apply to agencies and hope for the best.
Also, one more question, which headshot and full length shot should I use for submission?

yet you have a "glamour" section in your portfolio?

Try Boss Model Management in Manchester, some of their girls are a little shorter than what is considered working height, but they seem to do alright from it. I worked with one of their plus models and she was only 5'7ish
http://www.wix.com/abihill/official

Angel3 is off-lineSilver Member
19 November 2012 14:30
angelique110
Model
angelique110
West Sussex
worthing

Quote from AbiHillModel

yet you have a "glamour" section in your portfolio?

Try Boss Model Management in Manchester, some of their girls are a little shorter than what is considered working height, but they seem to do alright from it. I worked with one of their plus models and she was only 5'7ish

Yeah just doing TASTEFUL glamour (I did say this in the second post...)
And thanks for the site! Signed up

Maddawg is off-line
19 November 2012 14:53
pmeswani
Photographer
pmeswani
London

Don't know if we are allowed to recommend agencies here, but have you looked at places like Mode Model Management and Eclipse Model Management?

19 November 2012 15:27
AbiHillModel
Model

Quote from angelique110

Yeah just doing TASTEFUL glamour (I did say this in the second post...)
And thanks for the site! Signed up

To be honest, some of my closest friends from Pageants have moved over into Glamour and 99% of their work for the lads mags has been really nicely done. I'm not a real fan of glamour but when it's done right with the right girl it looks great.

ps It might also be worth trying Girl model management (founded by Lucy Pinder), a friend is signed there and she shot the lookbook for Kardashian Kollection, and she's only 5'4. She is a KK lookalike though when she's not modelling so that may have influenced it, but they do more than just glamour.
http://www.wix.com/abihill/official

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
kkoch NikkiLouise93 VictoriaClaire
Adycurtis arterotica cliffc dave@studio99 Davidhunt eyecandiphotography focus Hazy james65 James8700 johanburan Jpdo kai_kul kingfisher mike0048 mlp psn redbaron Rob77 skymouse Steveh32