Kevin White is off-lineSilver Member
22 November 2012 08:17
MightyWhite
Photographer
MightyWhite
Berkshire
Ascot

I'd recommend www.weebly.com

I found it very easy to use and built a website using it in a few hours: www.kevinibbotsonphotography.com. And the domain name is hosted elsewhere.

However was all ready to sign up for the 'pro' version when a little more research revealed that, although the pro version offers password protection (which was the prime reason for upgrading), one password provides access to the whole site whereas I wanted certain pages to have different passwords (so clients could access their photographs).

So it's back to the drawing board.

Paul Jones is off-line
22 November 2012 09:56
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

I've just revamped my site using WordPress.   http://www.pauljones.org/

www.PaulJones.org (Glamour / Portraits / NSFW)

22 November 2012 10:19
TelfordModelStudio
Photographer
This member has been suspended

Just use Wix.com and maintain the site yourself. It can be simple or quite sophisticated.

Use their HTML option, not the Flash option (if they still have that) which precludes your site from working on iPads/iPhones.

Give them a few quid a year if you want a better domain name for search purposes, or don't bother if you're mainly sending out the website link yourself making it easy to find.

My preferred combination is this - a getdotted.com single front title page which is free once you buy a good domain name from them (you could have had suzymonty.com for a tenner, but now I've said it, someone will probably register it). Then link that through to a free multipage Wix site for your galleries, info and a contact/booking form.

I used to built simple websites for models but don't now, my website designs were more consistent and reliable than the models they were set up to promote :-)

Suzy Monty is off-line
22 November 2012 10:55
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Quote from TelfordModelStudio
Just use Wix.com and maintain the site yourself. It can be simple or quite sophisticated. Use their HTML option, not the Flash option (if they still have that) which precludes your site from working on iPads/iPhones. Give them a few quid a year if you want a better domain name for search purposes, or don't bother if you're mainly sending out the website link yourself making it easy to find. My preferred combination is this - a getdotted.com single front title page which is free once you buy a good domain name from them (you could have had suzymonty.com for a tenner, but now I've said it, someone will probably register it). Then link that through to a free multipage Wix site for your galleries, info and a contact/booking form. I used to built simple websites for models but don't now, my website designs were more consistent and reliable than the models they were set up to promote :-)

Is this an answer to the OP?

Can't understand otherwise, why anyone would want to have suzymonty.com for a tenner...blush (Except me of course...)
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

22 November 2012 11:05
TelfordModelStudio
Photographer
This member has been suspended

The information is both generally relevant, and specific to some of the later posts in the developing thread.

FWIW, friendlymodel.com could be had for a tenner a year as well.

AFDMedia is off-line
28 November 2012 11:26
jonuk
Photographer
jonuk
Derbyshire
Dronfield

Wix is the easiest out there ,

If you need any help let me know i used to be a web developer many moons ago but still maintain my own domain etc using industry standard Dreamweaver etc

Paul is off-line
09 December 2012 05:36
ShootonLocation
Photographer
ShootonLocation
West Midlands
UK Professional Photographer

My hair has gone grey so I am used to being ignored now but

My question is still relevant... Having a pretty cheap website is one thing as long as people know it is there

Being found on a Google search still has a relevance in these days of Facebook so Search Engine Optomisation - SEO - is important for businesz
.. it is what you leave out of the photograph that makes the picture

Dave Laurie is off-line
09 December 2012 06:11
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Lancashire
Preston

Quote from ShootonLocation
My hair has gone grey so I am used to being ignored now but My question is still relevant... Having a pretty cheap website is one thing as long as people know it is there Being found on a Google search still has a relevance in these days of Facebook so Search Engine Optomisation - SEO - is important for businesz

I'm pretty sure you weren't being ignored, you were just "lost in the rush" near the start.

Dave.

Paul is off-line
09 December 2012 16:54
ShootonLocation
Photographer
ShootonLocation
West Midlands
UK Professional Photographer

Quote from deetvstudio
I'm pretty sure you weren't being ignored, you were just "lost in the rush" near the start.

Dave.

Haha

You have a future in PR sir

.. it is what you leave out of the photograph that makes the picture

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
caz0054 hayleyrooney pinklilly Tashaholz
bazza53 dorrian jayfish jccj1 Jobbo51 keltica Ladiesman mauricesimagery mikeA mlp MrDL nik300 ownimage RealityImaging Spiritofwales steveh32 tms Vinceb Willy_O