naomi is off-line
12 November 2012 03:37
shannon_123
Model
This member has been suspended
shannon_123
Northumberland
Newcastle

i'm not very good at shoot ideas and all the ideas i had i have done, has any one got any ideas or tips i can try on shoot ideas, thanks

Philip Hartley is off-line
12 November 2012 03:55
ph_oto
Photographer
ph_oto
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

Best thing to do is to Browse a few profiles and look for images that you like or you think would suit you.
Any Photographers who book you will probably have their own ideas too.

People tend to keep ideas to themselves, at least until after they have tried them.
Say what you Mean and Mean what you Say

theperfectgentleman is off-line
12 November 2012 12:50
theperfectgentleman
Photographer
theperfectgentleman
Essex
Chelmsford

Go to charity shos and look for photography books, there are generaly one or two to be had for a few quid.
Tom

Kali  Chaos is off-line
17 November 2012 22:08
KayzModeling
Model
KayzModeling
Devon
Plymouth

Go through some profiles here and on other sites you may be a member of.
Google certain genres that interest you.

Take notes of the kind of poses that stand out to you, the concepts, makeup, hairstyles, etc.
Try and practice strong poses and expressions, having a wide variety to call on will help you massively.

You must remember, however, that who ever books you will have their own inspiration so they may ask for certain things.

Kayz
I've got my war face on, now to enter the forums.

Elaine  is off-lineSilver Member
18 November 2012 08:59
seeryder
Model
seeryder
West Yorkshire
Wakefield

When a photographer books me , they sometimes ask me for ideas. When they arrive I show them my book which has shots of me in different scenes and suggest they pick one to start with. Any guesses which are most popular?

19 November 2012 04:25
Gfun
Photographer

Isn't that the photographers job?

(otherwise they are just a GWC)

Paul Hodson is off-line
19 November 2012 04:45
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Gfun
Isn't that the photographers job? (otherwise they are just a GWC)

Not necessarily! You can have a keen interest in photography but still struggle with inspiration for shoots.

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

19 November 2012 08:24
dominicdean
Photographer

Quote from Gfun

Depends on what the assignment is. If its a test its both otherwise IF i pay models i tend to have concepts and ideas in mind for models to fit that concept.
I think its better to always have an idea of vwhat you want to shoot than just turning up blind, its unprofessional and can be very messy.  That said if you have a few bgood ideas, you can do rest of shoot ad hoc on chatting about other ideas as they can come from shooting..
www.dominicdeanphotography.co.uk/

19 November 2012 09:37
Gfun
Photographer

Quote from mph
Quote from Gfun Isn't that the photographers job? (otherwise they are just a GWC)

Not necessarily! You can have a keen interest in photography but still struggle with inspiration for shoots.

OK but guess it depends on your definition of a 'photographer'

Technical excellence on how to use a camera and an understanding of how to manipulate light makes a good assistant but not a photographer.
A photographer needs creativity and a clarity of vision and to be able to interpret them into an image; yes they are an ‘artist’.

Certainly they should be able to take a brief and develop it  
e.g. Google images  ‘girl on car in bikini’ to see how many people have taken the same basic images but the few ‘photographers’ who have stand out.

Certainly models and photographers should collaborate to develop an idea or concept.

But it still needs direction and interpretation which is what differentiates a photographer from a GWC.

Or perhaps its just a personal thing that I would not appreciate a model arriving an telling me what they wanted and how to shoot it
.......... unless they were paying me :-)

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
19 November 2012 09:42
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Gfun

Sweeping statement of the week goes to.....
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AdelineE Alicestar AriaRosee ElleLaura Hayleyrooney isobel111 Pebbles40 Stephieb27
antoinewynn ChrisNewton claypaws dorrian frankpht Funder005 Jamesrichards Jaywirksworth khan1984 mlp parafotos philippahh Puremoods redmedia Rhadamanthus
Discretion