Kings Cross Fire - 25th Anniversary

djwilby is off-line
09 November 2012 13:57
djwilby
Photographer
djwilby
Essex
Dagenham

On 18th November 1987, I was one of the lucky ones to escape Kings Cross Underground Station through the smoke and raising heat.

As the 25th Anniversary is next weekend I decided to google to see if a remembrance service is being held, but the first link I got is this:

http://www.lhc.org.uk/http:/www.lhc.org.uk/kings-cross-fire-25th-anniversary-memorial-on-18th-november-11am

Not a memorial as I see it, but a notice of a RMT demonstration on the day outside Kings Cross.
Another click of the button on a link at the bottom of the page, I then find this:
"  Members are requested to assemble at the front of Kings Cross station and are encouraged to bring branch banners"

Am I getting old and over sensitive or do others also feel the timing is wrong?
They say that they are demonstrating against under staffing at stations, which could lead to H&S issues and another serious fire. Fair enough but why can't they pick another day?

I still might go up there on the day, late afternoon, when the crowds have gone and pay my respects to the 31 who weren't as lucky as me.

I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Derek is off-line
09 November 2012 14:14
Scarecrow
Photographer
Scarecrow
Kent
Faversham

Although I wasn't there, I still remember that vividly. It's difficult to believe it was 25 years ago now.

Andy_B is off-lineSilver Member
09 November 2012 15:07
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
London
London

You were expecting Bob Crow to have class and good taste?

A very sad occurrence - the anniversary should be treated with more respect.

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 AmberBray chloejade25 heather94 Welshrose2009 Yenguo
digitizer Dphphotography eosfan Fluffypup gazzer59 hylander Ladiesman Lenz Ludapix Mike103 moritz78 nemesis PhilStorm rod_m99 rscott360 stephenmuddell Steveh32