gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
07 November 2012 19:50
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

They don't like it up them.....grandad
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

08 November 2012 05:20
landmproductions
Photographer

"permission to speak Captain Mainwaring"

RIP Clive and thank you for the laughter
visit my website www.pandaphotography.co.uk

Rich G is off-line
08 November 2012 08:30
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
Kent

You were from an era when acting was part of making people laugh and humour was of a subtler and gentler nature. Today's remake would see you saying 'They don't like taking it up the a*se' and 'Don't sh*t yourself Captain Mainwaring'.

May you rest 'at ease' Clive.
HAPPY TO WORK UP TO OPEN WALLET LEVELS

WESTEND PORTFOLIOS is off-linePlatinum Member
08 November 2012 11:25
WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
Photographer
WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
Glasgow
GLASGOW

said to my dad last night about CLIVE DUNN and he said he was one of the young ones of dad's army... was a bit confused as he didnt look young..

went home and remembered the video of "grandad" and utbed it.. was from 1971.. and he looked old but 2012 - 1971 = 41 which means he was only 51 when he was in the video so must have been in his late 40s to mid 50s when he was in dads army..

anyway RIP but will always bring laughter when watching DADS ARMY which is still on tv nowadays..

Kevin W is off-lineSilver Member
08 November 2012 18:15
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
London
Carshalton / Surrey / Greater London

I am amazed that the last series was filmed in 1977 and it is still being shown regularly on TV. How many other shows from that era (1968- 1977) have stood the test of time so well? In fact when I watch it looks authentically 1940s. (Though I was not around at that time.)

Interestingly (don't all yawn!) my Dad was Arthur Lowe's bank manager. My Dad met him on business a couple of times and thought he was very much like Captain Mainwaring!
As in life, so in a game of hazard, skill will make something of the worst of throws.

Robert Blandford is off-lineSilver Member
08 November 2012 20:59
couchpotato
Photographer
couchpotato
New Zealand
Kirwee

RIP Clive and thank you for many years of Family TV.

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
09 November 2012 07:05
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from carshaltonkev
I am amazed that the last series was filmed in 1977 and it is still being shown regularly on TV. How many other shows from that era (1968- 1977) have stood the test of time so well? In fact when I watch it looks authentically 1940s. (Though I was not around at that time.) Interestingly (don't all yawn!) my Dad was Arthur Lowe's bank manager. My Dad met him on business a couple of times and thought he was very much like Captain Mainwaring!

Amother interesting (and really pedantic point now given the passing of time) is that the whole series was actually told as flashback from Mainwaring's memory of events from the war. 
It was broken when I got here

Norman Buckley is off-line
09 November 2012 07:11
njb
Photographer
njb
Suffolk
Halesworth

What really amuses me is that I actually knew people who used to be behind in all their drill steps for real....! just like Corporal Jones..

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Cj2015B
FlashHarold frankpht Pat9669A