Reminder Secure

i really want my images!!!!!! (External to Purestorm)

09 November 2012 09:34
paulbatterbury
Photographer

The point I making is, if you went down to the model making shop, and brought a brush, you would expect to get free model kits for your hobby

As a professional model maker, or highly skilled, there is a high chance you may, or even get employed.

But… (and this is another thing), all because you made and paid for one model kit, does make you an expert or professional, even if it was the most expensive model in the range.

I was very much Matchbox, then I moved on to Tamya.
Kind Regards Paul http://www.paul-batterbury.com

09 November 2012 15:03
RobGolding
Photographer

Quote from paulbatterbury

Most people, who have a hobby, pay towards it, if you want to shoot for free, and then stick to things like wildlife and landscapes, but some photographers and model are deluded when they ask professionals to shoot them for free, or at an expense, just because they want free shoots and pictures.

Very little of my work is on this site, and knowing my luck I would be banned if I mention the site where I post 99% of my stuff, so I won't. I want to work with people who want to create something with me, not someone who just wants to take my money home at the end of the day. 

Luckily my port is full of good models, who are very happy to come and work TF with me. Perhaps I am also lucky to have one such model as my girlfriend...so we can shoot pretty much as often or as little as we like.

I am just lucky to be in this position. If a model wants to work with me, the only way its going to be is if its TF. If that doesn't fit in with her working practices then we don't shoot. Simple as that really.

Also, as others have pointed out, TF is not free, model gives me her time, I give her mine, trade. We are both working, together!

09 November 2012 15:30
mgphotomedia
Photographer

I've heard one or two professional models complain bitterly about having agreed to shoot TF with a particular photographer who had persistently badgered them for a shoot. When it came to it he wasted most of the time by continually bleating about other photographers, life in general and what a wonderful photographer he personally is. I recall the phrase used was "up his own arse". Sadly the photographer concerned has no inkling and honestly believes that the TF he does is of mutual benefit. Whereas the reality is that from the models' point of view the time was a write off - and let's face it spending time with someone described as "up their own arse" can't be much fun can it?

Sometimes we delude ourselves into thinking that what we do is of mutual benefit whereas the reality is somewhat different. Some people are blaggers and some allow themselves to be blagged.

09 November 2012 17:13
RobGolding
Photographer

Quote from mgphotomedia
I've heard one or two professional models complain bitterly about having agreed to shoot TF with a particular photographer who had persistently badgered them for a shoot. When it came to it he wasted most of the time by continually bleating about other photographers, life in general and what a wonderful photographer he personally is. I recall the phrase used was "up his own arse". Sadly the photographer concerned has no inkling and honestly believes that the TF he does is of mutual benefit. Whereas the reality is that from the models' point of view the time was a write off - and let's face it spending time with someone described as "up their own arse" can't be much fun can it?

Sometimes we delude ourselves into thinking that what we do is of mutual benefit whereas the reality is somewhat different. Some people are blaggers and some allow themselves to be blagged.

Gosh....hard to read that under my post and not wonder....'is that me?'

Of course that works the other way around too.....there have been a few models who are, shall we say, 'not as described' on the tin. Luckily, these have been very few and far between for me

09 November 2012 17:14
RobGolding
Photographer

Just realised.....I'm actually far too lazy to actually badger anyone for a shoot....I can stop worrying.....phew!!

Chrissie Red is off-line
09 November 2012 17:24
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from mgphotomedia

*scratches head* reminds me of somebody I worked with in the past.
Infact reminds me of a couple of people I've worked with.

11 November 2012 11:53
Modernman
Photographer
This member has been suspended

How do you wash your hair/
Just sounds awful itchy to me.

11 November 2012 11:58
Modernman
Photographer
This member has been suspended

Quote from RobGolding
Gosh....hard to read that under my post and not wonder....'is that me?' Of course that works the other way around too.....there have been a few models who are, shall we say, 'not as described' on the tin. Luckily, these have been very few and far between for me

Been there too,turned up for 2 hour shoot to be told she was in a hurry and only had an hour,she proceeded to put on different clothesthan previously agreed,then when asked said they were at her flat,she then insisted on the full amount agreed previously,to which I handed over,honest....

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Brightonblonde kategrimsby Kitty_1
ad360photo andicallen bbphotos biggsy098 Cheshunt83 couchestudio david1500 digtog doughnut grahamsphotography James7799 john_at_tina_spice jonnywoo KDP Ladiesman lify nickdandalos pcmphotography RichardJohnPhotograp robertatkeltphoto Rscott360 sniffer stevegosh thelook Thunder_Photos Vinceb wacTony
grailmodels