Reminder Secure

i really want my images!!!!!! (External to Purestorm)

kitty is off-line
05 November 2012 15:01
unendingsleep
Model
unendingsleep
Gloucestershire
gloucester

i did a shoot (not with any one from this site i must add ) and the preview photos on back of camera they showed me looked good especially one where i am leaning against a pillar with my dreads down as its a lot different to a lot of images on my port given its taken in a bar that we had permission to shoot in so quite atmospheric...anyway i digress
i haven't received any images back the shoot was 4 months ago now and i have messaged the photographer several times and no reply i have sent them my email address even checked my spam mail just to be sure but no images-should i just chalk it up to a bad experience and move on? i am thinking this is likely the only solution but thought i would get some thoughts from others
what would you do if it were you?
i haven't had this problem before or since as usually photographers have been prompt sending me previews to be edited and edited photos
just a bit annoyed/disappointed as i traveled a fair way to an unfamiliar town with no expenses

i am not trying to be pushy or out the person/s involved(hence no name) just miffed....
All people have the right to stupidity but some abuse the privilege

Mansell is off-line
05 November 2012 15:07
Mansell
Photographer
Mansell
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

If it was a TF arrangement then you've every right to be seriously p****d off.

If you discussed how many images and how long for editing them then you had a contract with the photograper and he should honour it though If he isn't a member here then you might have to bite the bullet and move on.
The digital camera is a great invention because it allows us to reminisce. Instantly.

05 November 2012 15:14
Brian_Markie
Photographer

I'd persue and wouldn't give up. I'd start contacting peeps who have had a shoot with the tog and try n track him/her down. It just depends on how badly you want them. but that's me and it wouldn't take me long to find out either their studio or where they live.

Gerry is off-line
05 November 2012 15:16
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

You are basically doing a paid shoot where the payment is images and the payment will be deferred for some time - so they have not paid you. So why do models take chances that someone will actually pay up. There are so many photographers offereing TFP - I would have thought it would be possible to discard all those who dont have great references for supplying images or their port sucks, but it seems some photographers seem to get away without supplying images - because the models keep booking them

I am also puzzled why this type of thread is posted on this site hen the problem was somewhere else. Again - booking shoots without the ability to at least verify people with some checks is taking a chance
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

kitty is off-line
05 November 2012 15:30
unendingsleep
Model
unendingsleep
Gloucestershire
gloucester

I posted here as they arent a member and I wanted impartial advice not to be horrid to them
And I did check refs they were all decent I even contacted the models that left them and the response was positive

WebModerator is a moderator
05 November 2012 15:36
WebModerator
West Sussex
Brighton

As they are not a Purestorm member we suggest you take the issue up with the Administrators
of the website you used to arrange the shoot and let them try to assist you.

kitty is off-line
05 November 2012 15:39
unendingsleep
Model
unendingsleep
Gloucestershire
gloucester

Thank you that is good advice I didn't think of that pregnancy brain!

05 November 2012 17:08
Dani-Elle
Model

It is a frustrating situation to be in and the fact that the individual in question is not even getting back to you makes it that bit more annoying. If you have already gone down the road of politely messaging to ask how the edits are coming along and are still not getting anywhere, as already suggested the issue needs to be addressed to the moderation team of the site in which the collaboration was initially arranged.
If a job is worth doing, Is worth doing right.

05 November 2012 17:17
barone
Photographer

Maybe we could have a system where the photographer gives the model a certain amount of money...then when he's fulfilled his side of the deal and provided the agreed images...he gets his money back....
Next Model Day...23rd March 2014...http://purpleport.com/portfolio/angie...Interested?...Ask me for details.

Gerry is off-line
05 November 2012 17:43
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

I can also think of one or two mercenry models who'd agree to a TFP shoot "to get the cash" and then vanish themselves when it came for the photographer to hand over the images and get their money back.
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura Winterlilly
AaronKent ansonphotography bbphotos bengie eyecandiphotography JohnDentonPhoto keltica Kjoservices MazeImages mlp panda49 skymouse stevegosh Thunder_Photos trixta